Anyway to decode the Hamster ball files?

Already messing around with the surface of hamster ball (textures, racedata, etc.) Trying to dive deeper to edit only to find that most of the files were unreadable or a string of random characters and letters.

Not entirely sure if it's possible to edit these files now but it would be neat if possible :)

( Mostly interested in finding out how to add more "Time Trial" rankings )

Comments

• Neat? I guess you want to Cheat The Data of the game which is not acceptable at all. Also, those Random Strings prevent the People from Cheating or Editing Files.
  • Why the hostility? There's no harm in trying to mod an offline game. Not that I think he'll be having much success with that without experience in analyzing proprietary data formats.
  • You're right but it's still cheating (yeah, only someone who knows how to decode files would be able to do that) but even a totally offline game might have rankings and cheating scores to be on top would still be bad..
    Sorry if I told it in a bad way.
  • I took it more as an "Adding new tiers of trophy times," but you do have a point. It is a single player game though, so it's not THAT bad. (As long as you don't use it to brag claiming you've 100%ed the game when you really haven't.)
  • I also am of the mindset where I see adjusting the actual high-scores as cheating, though I take it as though he wants to add a leader-board, like in the tournament mode where it shows the top however many scores, instead of only showing the best time.  Then he could see his top however many times, which would be a cool mechanic for Hamsterball 2

However, a better way to find out his true intent would be to just ask @Resty himself.
  • I think you guys are coming off as a bit aggresive, the person just wants to edit time trails, as they said.