Is this a glitch?

edited June 2019 in Robot Wants Kitty
Starting this thread as there appears to be some confusion as to weather some scenarios are glitches or not. There are many "glitches" that are kind of obvious but even they might need to be clarified. Below are a few hazey ones.

1) Jumping off spikes

Based on the information provided here for spikes reading; "Spikes: Certain death for Robots! Get off them quickly before they can pierce your metal shell!" I deduce that jumping off of spikes like this is indeed intended and not a glitch. However, there is some disagreement among the community so we need someone 'from the powers that be' ( @rastapopoulon, @raptisoft and/or...? ) to disambiguate this for us.

2) Jumping under spikes

From what I've seen, I don't think there is any disagreement that this form of spike jump is glitchy but worth clarifying as well. If wearing a helmet, robot can jump under spikes and continue to do so indefinitely if timed right.

3) Jumping on the side of spikes

Again, I think the consensus is that this form of spike jump is glitchy. When right on the edge of a series of vertical spikes, robot can jump unhindered to the top and keep "climbing" until no spikes are left.

Personally, I tend to avoid using 1-3 above in levels as I don't want to use the "glitch" tag that often but might use it more if any turns out to not be glitches.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    In my opinion, if Jumping off spikes is not a glitch then a lot of people will most likely spam it in normal levels [I like this but seeing this as intentional part of Normal and cool levels (if it's required to get kitty) could make it bad.)] Glitchy levels can have every glitch and that's ok. 2&3 are 100% glitches.
  • Honestly, I doubt that a lot of players are even aware that you can jump off spikes, which is probably why most people don't use it
  • Maybe it's more likely about the fact a lot of people (including me) treat it as a glitch? And I'm not sure but I heard that Raptisoft added a Glitchy Tag for a reason, not just for it to be there.
  • Maybe because many updates for other games are in the way. What I think is that they can know what glitches to patch after raptisoft is done with updating other games, hence glitchy tag
  • No. Raptisoft (I heard that from other people who were at RWK for a long time) made the tag as some glitches were cool enough to be used in Glitchy levels..

And if fixing RWK glitches was a reason, Raptisoft would have time to fix them but he decided to let some things changed (although what he thought was fixed, Lava Glitch, is still doable) while letting some things stay. I can be wrong.