Latest RWK update is buggy

Rwk was working fine on iOS 13 until I downloaded the latest rwk update and now it’s very buggy.

Comments

• I’ve also experienced some minor niggles. Like when scrolling through comments or levels, it will jump to the end or beginning just like I’ve seen in Hoggy, rather frustrating.
  • Please explain exactly what these bugs are and I will forward them.

Darkest Wishes

The Dork Lord

• Very minor... when scrolling through levels and I happen to tap on the boundary of two neighbouring levels, the screen will jump erratically up or down skipping tens of levels at once.
  • Same issues as fnanfne with the addition of lagging during game play and often times robot will stop moving, the controls will become disabled, and screen will flash and robot dies and ends up back at check point.
  • edited October 2019
    Yes, noticed some laggyness during gameplay as well but I naively put that down to my ever dwindling battery.

Another thing I noticed is that sounds/music only works if I restart the app. So I play on mute but will increase the music volume when I play a level with custom music. In the past this was true as well but weirdly worked when I also toggled the sound volume up (not just the music) now, this hack doesn’t work anymore and I have to restart the app and only then does the sound/music work when I increase the volume.
  • Oh, I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 13.1.2
  • Same, iPhone 7 13.1.2
  • Oh, I was experiencing the same thing! The humanity!
  • Hi there Dork Lord,

In addition to the issues described above (particularly jumping behaviour when level scrolling) the location of controls has changed in the iphone X.  Every button has shifted to the left including controls and the hamburger icon for map and menu options.

I hope an update can be issued soon.

Cheers.

Istanbilly
  • Thank you all, I have forwarded the information.
  • As long as you’re talking updates... why not add some new features
  • @kyleseglin Probably not worth it. The Raptisoft version of RWK was a commercial flop. A year or so ago, John said it currently wasn't even making enough money to cover the server maintenance costs. It's probably making even less now.
  • edited October 2019
    It will all hopefully be done in “RwK 2” or “Haphazard 2” as what it’s officially known. Haven’t heard any news on this in ages. I recall news with regards to an “RwK and Google” thing (Stadia?), is that still happening?
  • More buggy today. Hard to click in a level as they move up and down on their own. This AM the level I was playing started over on its own. Personally I would pay another fee for upgrading if needed to keep it going.
  • The music/audio is a bit problematic. It stops working mid game when I switch apps and back, then no way to get it working unless I follow the usual motions of quitting the app. Also to get it working in the first place seems to take longer and longer, sometimes requiring multiple force quits of the app.

Hope this will be fixed, beepboxing is popular on RwK!
  • yeah, the scrolling and tapping 8s super sensitive, and if you miss, it’ll scroll to the top