[Boneyard] 3rd Unholy

Since I have plenty of free time due to the coronavirus pandemic, I decided to reinstall this game and really got into again.

Anyway, I noticed that it is impossible to defeat the 3rd unholy with any skill other than frost jet due to the insane amount of imps. Sirmin is obviously out of the question, but fireball, lightning, fire missile, and ball lightning would get overwhelmed by the amout of imps no matter what skill combos I try (hurricane, faster caster, more missiles+explode/chaining, etc.) Even welded frost spells aren't good and I find myself switching back to frost jet because cone of ice, chill wind, and harden are really op. Plus, since frost jet is the weakest in killing bosses, you get a long time to increase your kill count with imps, which is kinda cheap.

So my question is there anyway to kill the 3rd unholy without frost jet and without resorting to cheap strats like spamming missiles while keeping the unholy offscreen?

I hope Mr. Raptisoft is still active after all these years. I might post more stuff in the future to keep this forum active :]

Comments

• Hm. I have heard some people having luck with the frost bolts (don't remember the exact name here)
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3b_mhjXZhQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OTti-vxfBM

These guys have some strategies that go pretty far.

Personally I like to use ball lighting against the unholy bosses. When the boss sees you the first time, it'll trigger him to start spawning the millions of imps, so make sure to never get in his sight.
    Ball lightning isn't necessarily the best option against the unholy, but since the projectiles stun him constantly, and you have a much faster firing rate than any other missile, he'll stay in one place.

I haven't played the game in a long time, but I'd assume this still works.
  • OP

To farm imps you can only succeed with ice cone. When I used to play, I would farm many free skill tomes from the imps to get on the leaderboard.

But as ninja samurai said, if you stop the boss from ever spawning imps you don't need ice cone.

Also I think some people were able to stun lock the boss somehow, I don't remember.
  • edited May 2020
    Also, Sirmin is not out of the question for farming imps, since magic missile goes well with ice cone.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear someone else is enjoying the game still. Go for a record!