The threat of the makerhalls integrity

So recently someone has been going around dislike nuking levels and making it impossible for people to gain more karma from them. For example 'Ian' (who is a well known and well liked member and moderator of the Hoggy 2 discord) has been hit by it and sent us this screenshot.

He's not the only one either, even i got hit with it in my latest level made for 'Snackers' contest and i bet there are more.

There needs to be something done about the amount of things people can do to ruin other people, there have been level stealing comment spamming and now dislike bombings? We need some sort of system to prevent these types of things so that we can all just enjoy making levels, stuff like this is a big part of why i personally don't make too many levels anymore and i hate that it has to be like this.

To sum it up, we need a system that prevents people from being malicious with the makerhall.

Comments

• edited July 2020
    I've brought this to John's attention, and he's going to start some heavy duty recording of Makermall queries to see if someone is working the system. This will make Makermall run a little bit slower for the next week or two, so don't be alarmed. If he identifies anyone probing or tweaking the system, he will try to correct it server-side and if he can't do that, will update the game.
  • Thanks, Vantropix, for posting this. The dislike bomb happened on my Snackers contest level as well as my most recent level. It is discouraging and frustrating, and it makes me not want to make levels.
  • And then there’s Angela’s inexplicable enigma which seem to be completely immune to this threat.
  • fnanfne,

What do you mean by this?

• edited July 2020
    Search the Hoggy MM for a level called "into the robo blast!" by angela to see what I mean. 

It's the old "Good levels = downvoted" and "Bad levels = upvoted".
  • edited July 2020
    Take a look at Midiala's levels, too. Their levels rarely make any sense, and they get tons of karma with little to no 0s. %-(
  • Fnanfne,

Ahh. Thank you makes sense now. 

Darkest Wishes

The Dork Lord