Chuzzle 2 for android not logging in to Google Play Games

When I look at the Chuzzle 2 entry in the Google Play Games app, it says progress was last saved 7 days ago. I have cleared the cache and user data for both the Play Store and Play Games apps, and cleared the cache for Chuzzle, and restarted the device. The only thing I have not tried is to clear user data and/or uninstall Chuzzle. I don't want to lose my progress. Is there a way to tell if the Google cloud data is current? Are there any other steps I can take? Is the game data accessible on the device without being rooted? Is there a way to disconnect and reconnect Chuzzle to Play Games?

Comments

• Hello, 

I am sorry your are having issues. Please make sure your are playing the latest version.  I am checking on the idea of seeing if your data is current on google cloud.

• You might be able to check the last time your cloud information was updated through google but I do not know how. Is the game acting fine otherwise?
  • Hi, thanks for your reply! I just fixed the problem last night, but I'll let you know for future reference...

I first noticed the problem the other day when I earned a trophy, but there was no achievement popup from Play Games. I do have the latest update. I even tried signing up for the beta program in case there was something more recent I could install. The game was working completely fine otherwise, except in the player settings, when I clicked on ACHIEVEMENTS, nothing would happen.

I found the save files for the game on my phone at /Android/data/com.raptisoft.Chuzzle2/files/cloud and backed up the player folders to another location, then uninstalled the game and reinstalled. My progress was returned before I restored the backed up files, so the cloud backup was current, but the game somehow wasn't connected to Google Play Games to track achievements.

Again, I uninstalled Chuzzle, I uninstalled Google Play Games, I cleared data from Google Play Store, and I also cleared data from Google Play Services, which I read in some other articles might have an effect (in the end, the only real thing it did was made me have to reverify my debit card and bank information for the Google Pay app - annoying!). I rebooted, made sure I was logged into the Play Store, installed the Play Games app and logged into that, and reinstalled Chuzzle again. But still the same thing - my progress was restored, but it wasn't logging in to Play Games and tracking achievements. I couldn't find anywhere in the game settings to log out of Play Games and log back in.

Last night, I remembered it was installed on an older phone I hadn't used in a long time, so I thought I'd see if it worked there. It did work, and I found that when I opened ACHIEVEMENTS in the player settings, there was an option to log out. I did that, and logged back in. Everything was working fine on my older phone. And surprisingly, when I opened the game back up on my current phone, it was fixed and logged itself back in to Play Games!

I looked at the couple other games on my phone that connect to Google Play Games, and they have options in the settings or a button on the title screens that lets you disconnect or connect to the Play Games service. Maybe Chuzzle needs this. Like I said, I found out you can disconnect from the Achievements screen, but it wouldn't open for me because it somehow wasn't connected properly.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and maybe this info can help someone else...

:)>-