Solomon Dark Music

I still play the Solomon Dark abandonware now and then and I've been thinking that the music would work great in a D&D campaign I'm running. So I looked through the files but all I found was a .mo3 file that only gives me one track when converted and a text document offering instructions about some sort of jukebox I don't know where to find (I'm guessing it's a feature that wasn't added at that point, unless I'm just missing something).

I assume that the tracks are on different channels in the same file, but I don't have the tech skills to figure out how to get at the other tracks and searching the web has been fruitless. As such, I've resorted to asking for help here instead. Whether someone can offer me advice on how to get the tracks out of the files, direct me to a download link I never realized existed, or knows something about this jukebox that I don't. Anything would be appreciated, really.

This is, of course, all under the assumption that Raptisoft and any other relevant parties are okay with people using the music in the first place. If not, I'll have to respect that and find different music for my D&D group.

Comments

• John does not care, but Skaven has all the rights. You can contact him here:

https://soundcloud.com/skaven252

• As for how to get the music out of the .mo3 file, download OpenMPT and open the file in it, then go to the Patterns tab and you can navigate through all the tracks (and even edit all of them!)

Jukebox.xml is just a text file John’s games use to tell which tracks to play in which game events.
  • Alright, I'll do so. Thanks for the quick response!
  • I tried using OpenMPT and I'll be darned, it worked and was easy to boot. Problem solved. Thanks, Snackers!