Best ways to start playing Solomon Dark ?

edited February 2018 in Dark Modding
Gold is really not a big income in this version compared to SB and the health systeme is really rough mobs kill you really fast, so is there any good ways to get a decent amout of gold to start buying perks?

Comments

• edited February 2018
    If you want to play properly just keep playing normally; the bosses will almost always drop a unique item some of which GREATLY boost your progress. The Qubar’s {Element} (Frost, Ether, etc) set of items is particularly helpful. They are wands that give +50% damage and -50% cost to one element which with the right skills is very powerful. As long as you can kill one boss you’ll get it fairly soon (there’s only like 30 unique items) I’d recommend ether if you can get it.

After wave 40 or so you face the three Dires, which are the last boss, and then the enemies stop progressing and are on a randomized loop. After this point you can basically become unkillable and play until the game crashes. Use this to farm large amounts of gold.

Important to note though the game becomes increasingly unstable and crashes more and more as you get to higher levels. Save often by quitting to the menu and resuming game. Eventually around level 70 or 80 your level will jump up massively to 120 or 130 and then the game will always crash when choosing skills. Your run is pretty much over here but you should have plenty of gold so just go ahead and die. (Let me know if you find a way around it I’ve been trying for ages ☹️. I started a topic on this if you want to look but no replies
  • If you want to cheat you can use the level editor. Start a new boneyard and under the testing tab (the beaker) enable share inventory with all bone yards and share inventory with college. They may be in a collapsed folder to start so look around.

Once you’ve done that make an enemy which spawns lots of gold, not too much or it’s will crash or lag the game, but does very little damage. Now make a edit the timeline in the timeline tab (the clock) and change all the enemy groups in the first wave an to spawn lots of your custom monster. Now set or change a trigger at the end of the wave to go back to the start and remove any delays that were set. It will now spawn only wave after wave of your custom monster.

Now press the test button in the upper left hand corner and collect gold until you feel you have enough (2 or 3 hundred thousand should be plenty) now let you character die. All the gold should now be available in the college to spend. BE AWARE THAT THIS WILL DELETE ALL OF THE ITEMS AND OTHER GOLD YOU HAD. You can buy back all the unique items from the diviner but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND saving a backup of your sandbox folder, which has your save data, beforehand. Make sure you also save your progress often while building the boneyard in case it crashes during the test.
  • edited February 2018
    If you want to speed things along you can make a script in the script tab (the paper) to spawn a custom ring with anything you want, like 100x cast speed, 0 cast cost, and telekinesis or a huge list of other things. Use the spawn item command and customize it from there. Then you can make a trigger in the triggers tab that is a start of game trigger and use it to trigger your ring spawn. Play around a bit.

Sorry about the long chain posts but let me know if this helped or if I messed up. It’s been a couple months since I did this.
  • edited February 2018
    Some additional info and a correction:
    1. After the Dire trio, there is one more unique boss left that Xboxiscrunchy forgot to mention: the discorporeal. This is the real final boss of SD at this moment.
    2. Do not get dampen. It will always crash rhe game on use.
    3. Current strong builds: magic storm build, piercing ether build, imp fire build, any frost related build except steam jet
    4. Tips on playing earth: use golem wisely, get additional attack method to deal with spiders, get hasten rock, never get meteor swarm, hailstones is fun.
    5. Dire faculties can drain your mana.
    6. You can fix some part of skill by editing txt fule in wizardspell folder(not sure if it is the right name)
    7. Lightning and flame lash cannot directly attack coffins.
    8. Deflect does work on poison damage.
  • edited February 2018
    There was one other crash I experienced a few times in SD. It escapes me what spell it was, but it would always happen from over leveling the spell +20 to 24 is where it was the safe zone for me before it would occur.
  • Any plans to continue dark? It's so awesome... though I understand if it won't as they are making Solomon Keep HD(I love it too, just prefer the infinite levels and replayability of dark)
  • @catnipe101
    The infnite levels and replayability won't be a problem for SKUME (or previously known as SKHD). First, SKUME has boneyard mode. Second, Gauntlet mode is pretty much a infinite level mode. Third, bosses and side quests can be changed on each run.