Porta Jump - Fomb

I thought I'd add a little tip for the first jump in Porta Jump.
The instinct is to be at the top of the velcro to maximize the jump height (since the jump seems too high to reach), but this makes the jump more difficult. Timing is the primary issue and the jump needs to happen *before* teleportation. If you jump *after* teleporting you will no longer have the benefit of the velcro boost and merely jump from the point of teleportation. So the timing trick is to jump *before* teleportation so you are jumping with the full velcro boost. That means that essentially you have to jump a bit through the teleportation stream (as you are teleporting). If you are too far up on the velcro you'll jump out of the teleportation stream and either not teleport or jump after teleporting.
The sweet spot is in the middle of the teleporter. You'll have enough room (if you time it right) to jump "through" the teleportation stream and still teleport giving you the velcro boost on the other side.
If you're too low on the velcro you still won't be able to jump high enough.
So, shoot for the middle. I've found the tolerance to be quite forgiving anywhere in the general middle area.
After realizing this myself, I often can make that jump the first time (though sometimes a few tries are required).
Hope this helps. ;)

Comments

• “Teleportation stream” is the clue I needed! Same logic as DMD’s recent one Thermal Lift. I can now make this jump ~4/10 times, thanks!
  • Great! Glad this helped. :)