And that's why

A lot of people losing interest. I've come here weeks ago and haven't seen anything new, watched some world cup, come here again and it's still like the darkest hole. Nada.
Additionally for me buying the game with an IAP is the grossest thing ever. I had a good collection of Raptisoft games but wanted to get rid of that Google account so bye bye to all those games without any transfer solution, e.g. Nova Launcher is offering.
All this experience really make me not wanna buy anything else once 'monk mode' is maybe turned off again.

Comments

• The mobile gaming market is broken to the point where people are no longer willing to pay cash upfront. The only viable ways to monetize games on these platforms are through ads and microtransactions.

Also, why would anyone want to close their Google account while continuing to use Android anyway? Obviously, that'd make you lose your stuff. If you don't want to support Google, don't use their products.
  • edited July 2018
    This post is so dumb.
    "A lot of people losing interest." No, they are not, simply because Raptisoft isn't being loud about and posting every single thing he does, doesn't mean that "a lot of people are losing interest". That may mean that you are losing interest, but don't speak for the rest of us please
    "I've come here weeks ago and haven't seen anything new, watched some
    world cup, come here again and it's still like the darkest hole. Nada."
    ,First, Raptisoft doesn't owe you anything, I would understand if Raptisoft had a patreon or something, and you were donating to it, and one of the rewards is weekly updates, then you would have the right to get mad, but that isn't the case. And secondly, I don't see whats the problem? Raptisoft is [probably] working on his games, but even if he isn't, he can take a break if he wants!, you aren't his boss.
    "Additionally for me buying the game with an IAP is the grossest thing ever.", What??? you didn't "buy" anything? all of his games are free on the app store, and since they are free, he needs to make a living somehow. This is really ungrateful  and rude.
    "I had a good collection of Raptisoft games but wanted to get rid of that
    Google account so bye bye to all those games without any transfer
    solution,
    e.g. Nova Launcher is offering." First, why do you even want to get rid of your Google account? Secondly, while I do agree that that feature would be useful, the fault still lies on you, that's like me deleting my steam account, and complaining that the data didn't save, that is so dumb. Thirdly, I think [keyword: think] that you can backup any game's data by using a file explorer app. And fourthly, [correct me if I am wrong on this], but Nova launcher doesn't save on a cloud, meaning that if you delete and install it, or if you reinstall your phone, it deletes all data, that's why they made a transfer solution. But Raptisoft's games do have a cloud save on google play.
    "All this experience really make me not wanna buy anything else once 'monk mode' is maybe turned off again." This is really rude, like literally most of these "bad experiences" are not Raptisoft's fault at all, people aren't losing interest, the forums are quiet because most likely Raptisoft is working on new games/updates on old ones. And even if he isn't, he can take a break if he wants too! he doesn't owe you anything. And you're not buying any game with IAP, all of his app store games are free. And it is your fault that you are going to delete your google account, not Raptisoft's. That is all I have to say for now, thanks for reading this huge paragraph
  • edited July 2018
    I'm definitely acknowledging there are different opinions on this what you sadly don't do.

And Nova Launcher lets you easily transfer your Nova Launcher Prime purchase from one Google account to another in less than 3 minutes because there are bunches of good reasons to delete a Google account even if some of you can't think of a single one ;)
  • okay then, what about the other stuff i said?
  • A lot of bs, you should first get your facts right, second think, then post.

Plus somebody should have taught you manners, you don't start a post / discussion like that.

Additionally why do you think you can speak for 'the rest of us' while telling somebody he shall just speak for himself? That's so ridiculous or rather you are.
    I do know a couple of guys and gals from the old iPhone days who feel the same way.
  • Alright, what facts did i get wrong? and what do you mean by "you don't start a post / discussion like that"? why shouldn't I?

I didn't speak for the rest of us, if you mean that because i said "people aren't loosing interest", then i am still not speaking for the rest of us. I was just saying that to in a way dismiss that "people are loosing interest", it might've not come off that way, in which case i apologize.

• You started with "This post is so dumb". The only answer to this can be "Nope but ya momma is". Ergo discussion dead.

• Fipps you may speak for yourself and only yourself saying a lot of people are losing interest is stating that you are saying that a good portion averaging at about 20% of the people here are losing interest yet I don’t see you providing any proof of that statement so your first statement is now void. Second statement about not seeing anything new well Rapti answered that himself in another post but apparently you weren’t observant enough he said he was going into monk mode and will probably not post for a few months so you’ve got a long way to go before you should be making that comment so now your second comment is void (as a side note screw grammar right now I know this is one huge sentence I don’t care I’m not on computer typing this so yeah) thirdlyyou didn’t buy his games they are all free so that statement is void even if you made in app purchases Rapti has a system in place for that you just have to contact him privately so yeah that problem is solved. Fourthly getting rid of your google account no matter the reason is is something you should have a plan for not Rapti it’s not his fault when things go wrong when it’s not related to his game so that statement is void and finally his games are free you don’t have to spend a dime so your statement is void hope that sums up how everything you stated is irrelevant and you should have thought before you spoke with concerns and statements that don’t apply to Rapti or his games.
  • I don’t want to seem rude I think you are probably just unhappy you lost data and that’s a reasonable problem but Rapti isn’t responsible for fixing your need to delete your google account
  • edited July 2018
    Thank you Leliathin for that message, i agree with you 100%

also, what do you mean by that fipps? that sentence literally makes no sense to me, you didn't answer any of my questions at all. I literally have no idea what you mean by that message.
  • edited July 2018
    Nah I'm definitely not unhappy or I rather would have kept that account.
    Sinci, I'm not here to lecture some loudmouth.
    All of you 3 fanboys rather have misunderstood my intention, this is no rant but every time I see Rapti popping in he's lamenting people don't buy his IAPs anymore so I gave my own opinion + as already stated above from several fellows I know since Keep was released for the iPhone.
    And opposite to the 2nd post I definitely don't see the mobile gaming market broken.
  • Sinci, the message is, especially if you're above 11 years, value other opinions that don't go along with your own and show some more manners.
  • So Fipps care to reword your original sentence cause I based my response after chatting with my group of friends who are waiting for Solomon’s Keep HD and one of them is an English major looked at your statement and said that your intentions where clear with your statement and since I myself came to the same conclusion and clearly another person here posted before I did and understood your statement the same way that means you must have worded it wrong.
  • edited July 2018
    3 really nice people make a party I know. Intention was giving feedback and my point of view. You don't need an English major for that one, kiddo.
  • edited July 2018
    Look fipps I already told you how to fix your problem in my first statement get a hold of Rapti he deals with fixing in app purchases that fixes your problem and really name calling I’m even being polite by adding your name to acknowledge you becaus I want to help you fix your problem. Contact Rapti, he has a support email, provide what he asks for and boom problem solved....
  • edited July 2018
    "allot of people losing interest" is false you don’t speak for a large enough quantity of people so that’s just false also it’s not feedback its your statement or rather opinion. You commented on not seeing something new but you also commented on how he is in monk mode which implies he’s working so duh there’s nothing new that’s also not feedback that’s just an observation. “Additionally for me buying the game with an IAP is the grossest thing ever”. Now this is feedback!  Allot of games nowadays have micro transaction in them take Shadow of War for example, it’s a triple A 60 dollar game but it has micro transactions, how about World War 2,  micro transactions in that game.......also pretty much all games in Japan and China have micro transactions.  It’s just the way the world is turning now. Additionally Rapti doesn’t like micro transactions....he’s said that and if your up to date (which you should be if your checking back for new details....) you’d know that he isn’t making money without them(no money no new game....).  Next is your google account problem.  Look you messed up if you had to delete your account.  You did something wrong, that’s not Raptis fault and he has precautions in place you just have to contact him. As for your experience I don’t know what to tell ya except that everyones level of patience is different and yours must just have hit it’s limit and I’m sorry to hear that cause when SKHD comes out it’s going to be huge and so amazing and I don’t want you to miss out on that experience but if your done your done.....   also I thought in the beginning IAP was just IP like how a game has an IP or well its called a Game IP basically its the license that lets you play the game so I was confused there and I apologize I'm just not up to date on that slang but now I am.
  • Stop lamenting please. I've already talked about this with Rapti long ago. His solution wasn't really practicable.
    This was nothing but a last feedback.
  • also I only added the English major because thats a reality for understanding that your intentions were not clear as I also said I understood you that way before his input but since he's the professional I decided to ask on behalf of maybe not understanding what you meant as a curtesy to you.  clearly if you read my statements I am being fair and polite not downing you or your friends just providing information on why your problem here is more or less self inflicted as you have not provided a reason as to why you need to delete your google account if there are so many then name a few cause I've used the same account across everything I do for 17 years so not seeing where I would need to delete it for although maybe if I didn't like my username or if it got hacked but those are my own fault for not being careful.  and you still haven't answered all of Sinci1's questions as he did ask you too you just ignored him unless it benefitted you.
  • also And Thats Why isn't a title that says feedback its a title that says more along the lines of why you are done.....

• so Rapti seems to have given you a solution to your problem in another discussion you just didn't like that solution its what he can do and you don't want to do it so I can't help you if your not willing to work with the solution.....sry for this waste of time.
  • Geez... I woke up today and saw this post and said "Im gonna post a comment after dinner I guess" and after dinner, 20 comments in a single day... first word I said after seeing that comment number was a pure "wtf".

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

1. about the not having any updates... well as long as you don't want the new games to be Ultima 9 or something... give him some time. 

2. Microtransaction... in order for that to be intolerable, you must make it detrimental for a decent experience. Fallout Shelter is a good example of a tolerable app with microtransaction because all the purchasable items are not necessary for player to get full experience. What about the recent microtransactions added in Raptisoft game? In my opinion, they can be considered as tolerable because no ads and more cash does not hinder players from enjoying the full experience of the game. 

3. I have no idea how nova launcher stuff works so I will not discuss that

4. Losing interest due to lack of update...well, though some of us haven't lost any interest, I think not "many" people are interested at his work mostly since the Solomon Dark incident. However, I belive this lack of interest is a great chance for John because he can use this time to work on his games without worrying about people's expectation and make a better game that will make even more people to be interested in his games.

5. If you are going to complain, please complain in a more polite manner despite of others' rudeness or whatever. I believe we are all civilized to talk to each other without a brawl.
  • Oh boy...
    here, I will go through most of fipps's posts, and respond to them:

First post:

"Sinci, I'm not here to lecture some loudmouth."
    I did not ask for you to lecture me, all I asked for is for you to back up your claim, which is "you should first get your facts right, second think, then post.', I think that i got all the facts right, but you didn't think so. So then i asked you why and you still haven't answered. Also, how am I a loudmouth? i just expressed my opinion on this post on a public forum, if anything you're the loud mouth :P

"All of you 3 fanboys rather have misunderstood my intention, this is no
    rant but every time I see Rapti popping in he's lamenting people don't
    buy his IAPs anymore so I gave my own opinion + as already stated above
    from several fellows I know since Keep was released for the iPhone."

this part is a bit confusing, I can't really tell what do you mean? I mean i do understand the first part, and that's the part that i will respond too, but the second part after the "+" i just cant really understand, anyway:
    can you provide a source to Raptisoft saying this? [you probably can, but i haven't found any], also, you say that this is "your opinion", but didn't you start your post by saying "A lot of people losing interest.", thus implying that this wasn't just your opinion?

Second post:
    "Sinci, the message is, especially if you're above 11 years, value other
    opinions that don't go along with your own and show some more manners.
    "
    Where am I not showing manners? can you please elaborate? (also, if anyone here isn't showing manners, it would probably be you, as you are calling all of us names)

Third post:

"Stop lamenting please. I've already talked about this with Rapti long ago. His solution wasn't really practicable.
    This was nothing but a last feedback. "
    So wait, Raptisoft actually responded and tried to help you? and his solution wasn't "practicable"???? what was his solution that wasn't "practicable"???
  • Sinci if you click on Fipps name you can look at other discussions he’s started that’s where you’ll find the discussion where Rapti gave him a solution.
  • edited July 2018
    Oh wow, I thought that Raptisoft gave some sort of solution that is literally unpracticable, but instead, this made me have even more respect for Raptisoft. Anyway Fipps, I see that you haven't replied yet, I apologize for being a bit rude in my posts, I was a bit caught up in the moment, so I apologize