Inventory Bug/Save Corruption

I was playing Solomon's Keep the other day, working on getting the gear together for a Gauntlet run. I had just finished getting both +2 skill rings and the +3 skill staff. Suddenly, a weird lag-spike-like thing happened. When I next went to my inventory, everything was gone/I couldn't see anything. This includes the key for the magic door that you can't lose. I could fight things normally, but when I walked back to town (through the whole keep, cause no door) I couldn't talk to any of the NPCs. The screen just flashed every time I walked up to one, but nothing appeared. I could see the contents of the magic wardrobe but couldn't take them or see my inventory to store things. I restarted the game and my phone, and the issue persisted. I tried my other characters and noticed that their inventories worked fine, so it was some kind of corruption of that character's file. Unfortunately, that was the character I'd just spent a zillion hours of work on.

I give all of this detail so hopefully you, the developer, can find and fix this issue to save others this frustrating experience. You should consider validating the save data to ensure it is valid before you overwrite the old file when the game autosaves. Even better would be to keep the previous, as well as current, save, and validate the data when loaded too. If the load validation failed, an error is displayed to the user and the previous save is instead loaded. Much less frustrating than a complete character loss. Bugs happen, but a glitched game state shouldn't cause save corruption.

Comments

• I have had a similar bug with 2 of my characters. No. Agic key makes the character unplayable
  • I've lost two of my valuable savegames through this bug. Suddenly, after loading my game, my whole inventory was empty. I've got a +2 All Skills staff and 500% Gold staff, all lost. In my last savegame I've spent real money to buy gold, so that's very annoying... Running SK on Android.
  • Yes, please solve this problem. My whole inventory is now gone