Major problems with AdMob

After several months, I finally got around to fixing my phone (a Samsung GT-I8190 running Android version 4.1.2) and wanted to watch some ads in RWK. However, AdMob seems to have undergone a major update since the last time I used it and is now buggier than ever.

I watched approximately 7 ads. Some of them were standard videos whose new close button doesn't work. Thankfully, the back button was still functional.

But the real problem lies in a new type of ad where you get to choose between two different videos. It's almost completely broken. There are major graphical glitches at the top of the screen. A text telling me to either select a video or wait a few seconds only showed up there during one of these ads. The other times, even that didn't work. Worst of all, there seems to be absolutely no way to actually watch the videos. Touching them does nothing and contrary to the text's claims, waiting doesn't auto-select a video either. The buttons for installing the promoted apps work, but even that doesn't get me past the ad. The one time I installed an app, I still had to interrupt the ad afterwards and was informed that you got nothing.

I know you have no control over these bugs and can only report them to AdMob, but I really can't tolerate them anymore. I want to support you, but not if it means having to fish for ads that are still semi-functional while constantly interrupting the broken ones.

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Upon closer inspection, the new close button for videos does actually work, it's just difficult to hit. For some reason, I have to tap the spot to the left of it rather than the actual button. In case it's relevant, my resolution is 736x414.

The multi-video ads really are impossible to finish, though. I tried installing both promoted apps this time, but trying to install the second one just brings me to the first one's page again. So it's pretty clear that this wasn't even intended to be possible. The ad was almost certainly supposed to close after installing one app, but it doesn't. And since the videos don't work, I can't get past it without interrupting it.