Bug in Hamumu's level LAVACAVE

Early on in this level, you come across a checkpoint on lava. Though you can't reach it at first, you are able to do so later on. If you ever respawn there, you get stuck in an endless loop of instant death.

Back when this level was made, the temporary invincibility you got after death also protected you against lava, ensuring that you could easily escape this checkpoint. Now that this was changed, this level can become unwinnable through a simple mistake.

Since you're the one who uploaded Hamumu's levels to Maker Mall, could you fix this by removing the checkpoint? It only existed for decorative purposes in the first place.

Comments

• Yeah good catch. This was a very nice level!
  • Good suggestion, but I don't think we're going to see a lot of support for this game going forward.  The new boss glitch is an absolute level-breaker but it's been there for a few months now without resolution.

Hope I'm wrong and an update is just around the corner...
  • I agree. I think we're done as far as updates. And in a different thread there was a discussion of John's upcoming projects and the order in which they'd be done. Hap2 (RWK2) wasn't even on the list. I'm wondering if the whole project is being scrapped. It would be sad for it all to go.

And about the Hamumu level, I agree it should be fixed. I really think the way to fix it would be to return to the old lava walking days. It added so many interesting options that are now no more.

I had suggested when he first axed the lava walking that he return it, but add a second lava block that didn't allow lava walking so we could have a choice. He could even make the insta-death lava the primary block and the lava walking block available through advanced level/karma, or something.
    I always prefer more choices to choices being taken away.
    Don't think any of it will happen though. These may be the last days of Robot Want's Kitty. :(