suggestion about coop

I just had a interesting game mode idea for SKUME: It is a coop defense mode where you defend towns like dead hawg from the horde of undeads and other stuff (similar to MvM in Team Fortress 2). What is the difference between graveyard mode and this? Unlike graveyard mode, this defense mode is not endless and enemies focuses more on reaching to the goal point(wooden gates to town) than killing players(with few exceptions). Also, there should be two variance of this defense mode: one which starts with a new character with specific level and item set, and one which starts with one of your existing character. This mode will allow player to experience SKUME in an unique way with less work considering it is fundamentally similar to graveyard except it has limited waves(the notion of limited waves can drastically change the strategy in favor of early focused build) and most enemies only focuses the door. 

Comments

• That sounds pretty awesome
  • @Peppermaster
    I was thinking - in SB, the wizards have a castle of their own, and they still have it at the time of SKUME, right?
    Maybe it could be an event happening - Solomon sieging the castle with a fixed army from time to time. Maybe even with a random chance of reinforcements, if you’re taking too long.
  • @Agratah
    It is possible for a wizard to have a castle, if you can afford it or steal it(solomon does not own his Keep legally). However it is very unlikely that any of the player’s character would own a castle because mage(sirius)is a former farmboy who is about to graduate, paladin(martin) won’t be that influencial enough to have a castle, rouge(Archie) is... rouge, samurai might have his castle far away from dead hawg. Well there are two exceptions: necromancer and druid can have their own castle because necromancer call an abandoned castle his just like solomon did and druid is the highly educated religious leader with great power(Merlin is actually a druid too.). If you are talking about the wizard npc in town, well... does your college professors own a big mansion or skyscraper?

Assuming you meant by solomon raiding the town or castle randomly, having those random quest encounters like “solomon is sieging right now!” stuff might be like Preston Garvey’s another settlement needs our help quest. It is annoying and disturbs the flow of gameplay. This defense mode should like graveyard mode, only to be played whenever you like not when the RNG wants you to play it.
  • @agratah This is an amazing idea my friend
  • @Peppermaster
    I did mean like solomon raiding the town/castle randomly. And well, you’re right :p
    And yeah, it would be a cool graveyard mode.