Mage Balance Discussion: Ether
Hi, I just want to discuss with other Solomon fans about their thoughts on some spells and possibly suggest solutions that can be helpful for Mr. Raptis.
For this discussion, let's talk about Ether, the best "sub primary spell".
Ether has been used a lot because most the welding spell related to ether are good and ether charge(ultimate tier subskill) is very useful against bosses.
However, if you attempt to use solely ether, you will face problems with mass late game skeletons, and low dps.
So here is the questions:
1. Is piercing (new ultimate tier subskill in Solomon Dark) going to solve the problem that pure ether user have?
2. Is ether charge making magic missile "un-fun"?
3. What secondary spell would be helpful for pure ether users other than magic shield to deal with its weakness? You can design one up if you feel that is not enough.
4. Is magic boulder superior to magic missile with piercing?
5. If you are Mr. Raptis, what other changes would you give to ether spells?
If there are things that you would like to discuss about ether other than those stuff up here, please feel free to talk. Also, ask anything that you do not understand about the question or ether.