Updating Hamsterball

I have version 3.6C, but I've seen people with version 3.10A. How can I get an update?
Also, my copy doesn't display the GOLD on the title screen. Why is that?

Comments

• P.S.: Is there a changelog anywhere online?
  • You will probably get a better response from John,

But the reason why GOLD is not showing up (From my understanding) is because you have an official version of HamsterBall, from Raptisoft. It may not be clear but gold versions are sold from other company's that has a licence to sell it from Raptisoft.

Don't quote me, but that's what i think it is.

-Mushy
  • I actually think that the gold versions are the versions that have the neon race, the glass race, and the impossible race, and my hamsterball copy that has those things is a gold version, I think you just need to contant Raptisoft via his site, and request for an update, I think that's what you need to do :D
  • I think the whole Gold Version thing was just a temporary name change to emphasize the new content. I have version 3.6C as well (it's what's sold here) and while I haven't played it yet, the extra races are in its data, so it's clearly not missing them.
  • @sinci1 Not exactly, I have downloaded this game from other sites, and the only change is the home screen saying "Gold".    I have the latest hamsterball that is not gold, and it has ALL the races, I would recomend asking john first, even the DISC i got off of ebay that is latest version, is NOT gold, not saying anything is definite though.

Cheers!
    -Mushy
  • Thank you. It's struck me as weird ever since I started watching other people's speedruns and saw their title screens.
  • @sinc1 Sorry for making a late reply, but I'm definite on what i said seeing that other games with "Gold" in their title has been produced by third party company's 'Gold' does not mean extra content, it means it is made by a third party developer. Here's the GameFool's site on it (Third party publisher of games) Also something funny i found about their site was that they tried to get as many games on their site as possible they didint even get the right game for the trailer.
    Here's their site: tinyurl.com/y2dj6p8o
    Like i said it's best to ask john,
  • @RealMushySpot Holy crap, how did they not notice the game looks completely different?
  • edited March 2019
    It's a PS3 digital game that happens to be of the same name, and for some reason the trailer starts with footage of Tower Race, plus the Wikipedia page for Hamsterball mentions both games, so I'd presume it was an honest mistake...

Though that makes me wonder... Did Raptisoft have ANYTHING to do with the TikGames game? I looked up a video longplay and went to the Credits part... I didn't see any mention of Raptisoft.
  • That video is from the PS3 version of Hamsterball. For some reason, it has a new mode that has little to do with the original, instead playing more like Super Monkey Ball. The original game is still present as well, but it lacks many of the levels and the original soundtrack.

I have no idea how this version of the game ended up being so different. All I do know is that its development was entirely outsourced, with John having apparently never even played it.

It is however almost certainly a mistake that this website uses its trailer, seeing how it advertises a lot of things that don't exist in the version being sold. Makes me doubt the site's legitimacy.
  • I'm sure the customers that bought this game after having watched the trailer will be disappointed to say the least.

Do these guys even try out the games they sell?