The Spam, The Hate and the War Drops.

Recently there's been a huge Level spam coming from different people both in Hoggy and RWK. This needs to stop.. I hope someone will clear the makermall from the Spammers.

I think there's an "Hot Section" bug as normally any level that has more than 0 Karma will be there for at least some time unless it's dropped and stays at 0 likes. I recently added a level and even though it has several likes, it's not at "Hot Section". And the Big Spam (22+ spam levels in quick succession) makes it totally invisible.

Comments

• You want to know about the spam apocalypse in the Hoggy makermall? It was a huge disaster

• You mean the one we’re facing atm? Seems perpetual. Spam is a big problem @raptisoft could we please get some solution?
  • For now sharing levels seems like a very bad idea.. Normally I could go and search the newest levels if I missed one but now it's not doable..

Spampocalypse is bad.
  • I know I'm a bit late on the reply, but no not the one you guys were reacting to at the moment. It was waaaaaaay back in between the blueberry and ultra script update
  • Regarding the spam. I can delete levels. Please post when there are spam levels. Post the level name for me so I can check it out.

• @TheDorkLord are you able to on RwK as well?
  • @TheDorkLord, The well known One-Man Army of Crews is constantly making Spam at RWK.. It might be hard to delete the Spam levels as he makes them constantly.
  • I did a search for Crews but nothing came up. I think I deleted them all.

As of right not I cannot administrate RwK but that might change. John has to see how easy it is to modifiy the code.
  • @TheDorkLord, I’ll PM you, prepared to be shocked, it is Halloween time after all!
  • I'm fairly new to Hoggy -- about 2 months now -- and I'm noticing that the spam seems to come in waves. There seems to be a wave going on right now where two specific users seem to be publishing what amounts to copies of the same little box of a level (with very minor differences) over and over again. It's totally drowning levels that people actually spend time and effort on. Pretty frustrating. My recent level, "6 bombs and a pear" got pushed out of what's new and what's hot pretty immediately by all the junk. I appreciate the folks who continue to make well thought out, challenging puzzles!
    HPF
  • Please tell me the names.
  • TheDorkLord:
    The two I was referring to that have published a bunch of junk recently are
    Chance11
    Stinkybumbum

Thanks!
    HPF
  • I just looked through Chance11's levels and fount a whole slew of levels where Hoggy just falls into a fruit and ends the level. Here are just a few examples. I got tired of looking. There are dozens of these, mostly with random letter level names.
    Invasion!
    Iegjeje
    H
    Jkejejejj
    S,sm,s
    Mama
    ,S,s,zosk,
    Apala
    Lakwkaj
    Qkalksks
    Lliuikk
    @ki
    Lzkxkj
    Clldkx
    Kakaksk
    Kxkzkzk
  • Thank you for this information. I will be on this in the coming days.

• I completely gave up on "sharing levels (I'm still making levels but not uploading them, they're just for me to practice things) because of one toxic person whom I was reporting but nothing was done about his rude actions against newcomers or every single bad thing he did, including insults (Noone likes being insulted).

For now I'm only playing levels from people that I am certain don't have issues with other people.
  • Please give me his or her user name. I have access to make changes now.
  • I don't want him to be banned as it's a good level maker (if not for what he did over the course of almost 6 months prior to Denzel level spam, he would be one of my favorites). And currently he isn't doing anything wrong. For now, the game is fun to play.
  • MasterTrek, I hope you decide to share levels again. You are one of the makers I consider inspiration for learning how to do this thing better. Cheers!
    And thanks, DorkLord for looking into the spam.
    HPG
  • @HufflepufferFish, I'm not good at making Hoggy levels but I'll share one of the levels I made (after making sure it won't look bad as for myself I don't put an effort in making levels look fun.)

@TheDorkLord, would you mind checking out RWK? The Crews Spammer is still making Spam levels,he's creatingnew new account every 5-10 spam levels.
  • edited November 2019
    @TheDorkLord, please do something about 2good4u. He now started to spam to get a level up.

Edit: He stopped after making 6th spam level.