Rogue Theorycraft

edited June 2021 in Solomon's Games
Okay so this is my take on designing Rogue. This one took really long because there were lots of details that I had to put other than skills due to the nature of my rogue's design. Hope this theorycraft be helpful in designing Rogue when he comes back. Again I am using google doc because of its immense content plus easy to use. Feel free to comment on any question, concern, suggestion, etc. A bit of conversation would be nice to pass the time till he is done with Hamsterball 2 stuff.

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18lbAsvquE560Sp4I9y5VfXoYjxoBb8rNL5AfznFbTLk/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

• The concept of finding components and crafting items has a lot of potential. I like the idea of the rogue being able to use quick thinking and the resources at his disposal to whip up items to help him survive.
    The sentry is a good idea, but I feel like it has overlap with Call Leviathan. I'm not sure how to modify the skill to make it more distinct, though.
    Something that might be interesting is being able to make decoys that enemies will target instead of the rogue. Upgrades could increase its durability, range of aggression, or let it explode when it reaches zero durability.
  • Sentry was a bit rushed cuz I was so tired and I just realized that repeater's build is a bit bland compared to other weapon's build so I made sentry just for that. modifying to make it more distinct is easy. Sentry can be more of a support role than actual damage source like applying cc, debuff, and even taunt. Or maybe sentry should just be decoy and there should be an upgrade that allows decoys to attack.
  • You definitely forgot to add a trap-disabling skill
  • I second the trap-disabling skill!
    Something else that we should keep in mind is that as much as the crafting and technology stuff gives the rogue extra depth, it's important to still let the rogue's identity be around archery/treasure-hunting/dodging. Too much tech and the rogue will play more like a tinkerer or artificer.
  • Here is my solution on trap-disabling skill. I forgot to add anti-mage grenade so I added it with an ability to disable traps as well. so here is how it looks:

Magibane: Temporarily disable traps for 5/7/10 seconds and reduce enemy shield by 10%/25%/50% of its current health. Mage-type enemies also gets stunned for 1/2/3 seconds.

The reason why magibane is disabling traps is because traps are probably magic-powered in the keep so anti-magic grenade should disable it and just having a grenade specialized in just trap disable or anti-barrier is not a great imo.
  • edited June 2021
    I'd imagine the traps work using some medieval mechanism, but magic works too, for the Rogue's sake. Anyway, aren't traps going to be visible? (Here I'm assuming they're those ground spikes shown in one of the SKUME screenshots)
    How are the traps going to trigger, and is disabling them optional?