32 bit platform levels

Hi. First post here. I have an iphone 4 that I enjoy playing the 32 bit games on and have noticed the disappearance of many of the great levels. They are not on the 64bit platform. Are they gone forever? Of so, what a shame. They were miniature masterpieces.

Comments

• As far as I understand, the game's level format had to be changed for the 64-bit update, therefore rendering the game unable to read the original format.

A year or so ago, John said he was going to provide us with the means to retrieve and convert levels to the new format at some point in the future, but this can apparently lead to inaccuracies that would have to be manually corrected. That still hasn't happened, though.

Another issue is that the 64-bit version also received various bug fixes that would break some old levels. Even with the means to convert and edit old levels, that could require significant redesigning in some cases.

Personally, I think the best solution to ensure the preservation of the old levels would be to release a Windows build of the game's last 32-bit version. (John always develops his games for Windows first, so even the mobile-only games can be compiled for it).
  • For posterity, I've been recording many levels. If you want some nostalgia, check the RwK facebook page for some videos (and maps!) of levels from the old Kitty Connect days. I still have around 100 videos to make/render but too lazy and preoccupied with the new Maker Mall :D

• @claymag My suggestion is always keep your iPhone 4. There are many old but terrific games you can’t play on newer iPhones. Don’t update the operating system on the iPhone 4. Back it up if you can because you’re never going to be able to download the games you’ve been used to playing. Rainbow web is another game that I can no longer play. It’s a free game and you can get it but you can’t complete it. Anyway it’s not by RaptiSoft so no sense in getting into that. :-)

Luckily, Mr. John RaptiSoft brought chuzzle back!
  • Also, I still have all the 32-bit levels.  I'm just trying to figure out how I can make them available for people to fiddle with without making the original creators angry.
  • Thank you for the info. I was referring specifically to the levels that come up “disappeared with no further information”. For example, some of fomb levels remain on 32bit, some have disappeared. Whose decision? And where do the “disappeared” go?