Fast travel?

One of the only problems I had with the original Keep was the fact that if just 1 room was unexplored, it could sometimes take at least 3 minutes of walking to get there and back to the exit if you wanted to fully clear each floor, so I was thinking that maybe in the new one you could implement some kind of fast travel system? Maybe by having a couple of fast travel points on each floor which would activate once you cleared the room they were in? The details would have to be worked out.

Comments

• I'll give it some thought... I don't want to break the "exploring the dungeon" feel of it by putting warps everywhere though!
  • Didn't the teleport skill take you to the up staircase if you cleared the floor? I think that is enough, just my opinion though. 
  • Maybe you could have it so a slow stream of enemies come down the stair case every now and then after clearing the floor. They dont grant xp or gold, but it would make the backtracking feel a little less like backtracking :)
  • i see both pros and cons to that echo, i personally would like that, give more danger and challenge to the game, there would be no "safe" spot to recoup mana and life, your behind enemy lines. i think rapti said something a while back that the new sk will have a "grinding" spot, so i doubt the exp/gold will matter much