Ring with +1 to [nothing]

Just got a ring with a +1 to [blank].

Can't remember if originally it had some skill when dropped, but just selected it in the scavenger and it's showing like the img:
https://imgur.com/a/jQH1H

Comments

• Oh using the "skills menu" I can see that this ring is actually granting Battle Mage +1.
  • Are you able to browse to the game folder on Android, zip it up, and send it to me (via private messag)?  To make sure I fix this, I'll want to have the exact setup.
  • edited October 2017
    Just to give some feedback about his one.

Already sent my files to Raptis but also have some info about the bug:

Maybe it's something related to updating the game, as I updated from beta1 to beta2 through Play Store updater (and considering I got this ring while on beta1)

I tried deleting all the game data (except for the "sandbox" folder and intalling it again.

Now the ring is being shown correctly.
  • Battlemage - my +2 Ring to Battlemage now just says "+2 to".
  • Sneaky, let me know if it persists after you die, in the Scavenger.
  • Also, Sneaky... are the EFFECTS of BattleMage happening?  I.E. are your stats correctly reporting mana reduction in the mana cost area? 
  • The effects worked, @raptisoft. The name continued to just say "+2 to" on Scavenger screen. Purposely didn't grab any rings at start to have Scavenger forget it. Grabbed the Extra Drops Perk and spent 6 hours farming rings to see if the bug happened again. No +2 Battlemage ring drops - all ring names were good. Flying across the Country tomorrow and will drop more time into it.
  • I lied. Decided to pop open game one more time before bed. My +1 Battlemage ring now just says "+1 to" after Scavenging it. The name was correct on drop. I was wearing it time of death and was using 3 fingers Perk, if that helps any.
  • Yes, please keep an eye out and let me know if the third ring finger is causing this!
  • FYI, I had the ring in he far left slot. Which I would assume was the Perk slot. Will test soon - just got to airport.
  • I just checked the scavenger and most of my rings in there say "+1 to" or "+2 to" and nothing else.
  • Never used the "third ring perk" and got this problem with new rings too.
  • Okay, still an open bug.  I haven't managed to duplicate it here yet, but here's a couple questions for people manifesting this:

1. Does it last FOREVER-- i.e. any new rings you find of the same class are blank too?
    2. Does an uninstall/reinstall fix everything?

• 1-New rings are showing the skill correctly. But after I close/reopen the game they become +to "blank".

2-Tried removing and installing the game again, the problem persists.
  • So, let me see if I understand correctly, so that I can work to debug this:

1. You play the game.  You find a key.
    2. The key correctly shows its info
    3. Now you quit the game, and come back in
    4. Now the key says +to [Blank]

Correct?  Or do you have to die and scavenge anywhere in there?
  • There are three possible scenarios that I experienced:
    If you get a ring, and close the game WITHOUT dying, then come back and resume the game, skill bonus still is displayed properly. (No bug)

If you die but DON'T close the game, then start a new one and use the scavenger, the skill still is displayed properly. (No bug)

The one that causes the bug for me is:
    Closing the game while not playing (you already died and the rings are with the scavenger) .
  • Okay, thanks.  I will try to duplicate.  If the rings lost their effect, I'd know what's going on.  But that they're losing their names while retaining their effect seems impossible!