Boneyard Beta - Scavenging Suggestion

I remember when I had the iOS version of Boneyard, I acquired the Magical Bag that kept everything from game to game. It made farming for those rare rings easier and I was progressively able to get better loot and progressively get a better high score as a result.

Now I can see why it was removed, so as to give purpose to using gold, etc. etc. with the Scavenger. However, I feel Scavenger should retain the Rings from all previous games and, perhaps, sell individual ones to you for a price to reuse in the next game. This way if you accidentally start a game without Scavenging, you don't lose hours of work getting back those 3 100% XP increase rings and such. Real buzzkill!

Comments

• Though I haven't unlocked him yet, I already anticipated that he wouldn't offer any of the rings from older runs. Because of this, I was planning to unlock him as quickly as possible, even if this meant having to refrain from buying a lot of perks and fates until then. I wanted to minimize the risk of getting awesome rings that I can't keep. So I agree that it would be nice if he sold everything I ever found.

On an unrelated note, it feels rather weird for the archchancellor to claim he's available for help even before unlocking him.
  • actually the scavenger does exactly that, he stores all your rings from all your runs. the only rings you lose are the ones you take with you to a graveyard and then leave a graveyard just to start a new game. it's better to just let yourself die this way you can keep your rings and start a new game.
  • Ok, then I lost some rings and am unsure whether or not it's because I closed a game prematurely or it's a bug. I'll keep an eye out on this. Thank you!
  • Yes, keep an eye out.  The Scavenger should have *everything* unless you unforge it. 

However, if you abort a character, or restart a game without the character dying, the scavenger won't have his stuff.  Another forum member suggested this was a simulation of the cowardly wizard running off to save his hide and that is now unalterable canon.
  • Yeah, I LOL'd at that.
  • edited October 2017
    @raptisoft, ok definitely a bug here. Here's what happened. Last night, scavenged all my rings into inventory and started a new game. About a minute into the game, I closed my phone down for bedtime - not powered off, just normal screen-off. When I opened the game and after the Raptisoft splash screen, I hit Play and it didn't ask me to Resume game. Rather, I was at Wizard selection and the Scavenger had nothing in inventory. I didn't quit previous game. Its as if the game "timed-out" and acted like I had quit the game.
  • Just happened again, after 3 hours. Grabbed all my rings from Scavenger, my Bargain Bag and started a fresh game. 5-10 seconds after Solomon finished his beginning speech, I hit my Android Home button. Ran Device Maintenance to cleanup memory & close background apps. Opened Boneyard, got splash screen, pressed Play and it didn't Resume - lost all rings and the 3k gold spent on Bargain Bag. It did, however, remember my Bargain Bag from previous game.
  • Okay, so it didn't WIPE your game, but it did wipe all the latest details, correct?

(BTW, the Android OS can shut down an app at any time after you hit home-- it often shuts down "sleeping" apps to recover memory or whatever other reason.  Nothing I can do about it, that's just how modern phone OS's work-- iPhone too).
  • @raptisoft, it keeps all Perk and Fate purchases. It keeps Gold count and Bargain Bag, but acts as if I purposely quit the game and my Wizard ran off with my Rings
  • Okay... I think I know what that is.  When I put up another beta, please try this exact scenario again.
  • Sneaky, one more question if you please... does this happen EVERY TIME without fail in the above scenario, or does it sometimes work?
  • When it happens, it's random. Sometimes I can go hours without it happening. I tried reproducing it with home button device maintenance and couldn't get it to go.
  • All right.  This plus the issue with the rings losing their effect text seem to have something to do with the game not reading/writing the game data correctly.  I'm working on it.  Can't release with this stuff happening!