Monday Screenshot 6/29: More UI

Been fine-tuning some of the core gameplay here this week... here's a shot of the skills UI.  Skills are listed in the opposite order that you get them, so that your newest gained skills are always at the top of the list for easy access (previous Solomon games tacked them onto the end, which meant scrolling in order to get at your newest stuff).

I might be releasing a tech demo somewhere in the next 2-3 weeks.  It will have most of the actual gameplay turned off, but I want to get a general feel for how the game runs on a wide range of systems.

Comments

• looks great, i like how you can see the maximum rank aswell, will be handy when deciding what skill to pick :P  and id love to try a tech demo, i assume the ui will still be blocked, you just want to see if theres any bottlenecking or issues with other systems, not that we would actually be able to "play" it?
  • The tech demo will simply be to see if I'm pushing too many polygons for "less powerful" systems.  It'll also let people fiddle around with connecting multiplayer.

But there will be no "game", unless you love love love walking through depopulated endless halls, towns, and fields. :D

• So then how would you know how well the game can run with spells and enemies everywhere, you know, when you actually play it?
  • edited June 2015
    its just a test to see if the systems and background processes nuke our computers or not before all the cool stuff happens windslayer. Or he plans to release a computer virus that will hack our lives and make us play SKD until the end of time.
  • Come home one day to find yourself banned from dozens of online forums due to advertising... XD

But seriously, looks nice.
  • Ooooh, I am loving the style of the menu borders, those nice Futhark-ish (-esque?) patterns, mmm! I am liking the way that these skills and skill branches shape up, they just feel really good. Also, walking about empty corridors, huzzah! 
  • yea i figured it wouldnt be anything actually playable lol, but i thought it would be more like monsters with infinite hp flooding the screen and us using the most graphically intense spell/skill on them to make sure they still get pushed back and interacted with the correct way without spiking the computer, but no matter what it is, as long as its helping you to advance the game id do anything lol.. well almost anything....no.. id do anything o_o
  • >>So then how would you know how well the game can run with spells and
    enemies everywhere, you know, when you actually play it?

The demo will take care of that.  Everything is just a factor of how many polygons are on screen at a time.