It would be cool if SKUME had...

edited January 2018 in Solomon's Games
It has been quite a while since there was some talk about SKUME(Solomon's Keep Ultimate Metal Edition). So I thought it would be fun to fantasize some features that would be really cool addition for SKUME. Here are the stuff that would be cool if SKUME had:

1. Durability
I know durability is a ridiculous feature that only masochists love and I don't want it to be added on normal mode at least. But for the hardcore mode, it would be an excellent addition. This makes the hardcore game more challenging and unique from the normal mode. Also, by having a durability for each equipment, this make players to strategically use their equipment instead of "I got the op ring therefore i win". Of course if you are going to add durability, players should definitely gain more equipment compared to normal mode.

2. Rivals
Rivals are npc that are same class as you are(for example, if you are a paladin, your rival is a paladin) and appears on randomized event. These rivals may randomly aid you in the boss battle or in a trap room, lie on the ground asking you to help, or even become a boss monster by Solomon's magic. It is possible that these rivals might take some of your precious exp that you could have gotten but in the end, they will give those exp back in some form of event or boss battle.  Mostly, the rivals will end up dead by being bad at this game, player leaving them to die, helping player agaisnt a boss battle, or dealing massive damage to Solomon before he slices them into half.  Whether the rival dies or somehow lives, the rival will eventually give a legendary item no matter what you do with 'em(If you only get legendary item for making them die, you will learn how evil we players truly are). It will be a bit annoying to program but I think it will make the game more interesting. 

3. Redemption
This feature allows players to repick their skills they have picked once for each difficulty(except the student difficulty). It is basicallybecoming level 1 and then gain the n level(n=current level) and pick skills. Unlike Bribe destiny, it is possible that you would get skills that you do not want. By having this feature, players will have a second try on any mistakes they have done or attempt wacky builds. This feature was inspired the the similar one on Korean MMORPG Talesweaver. 

Comments

• Those all sound really interesting. I like that rivals idea most out of the 3. Here an idea I had.

A prestige system. (Kinda like in call of duty.)
    Since the mobs are perpetually getting stronger each time you complete a run through SK"s story mode (or wave after wave in Boneyard mode). When you max cap at level 75 you are given the option to revert back to level 1 but you retail your stats. You continue to increase your base damage per level and in order to level up each level now costs 25% more exp per level than before. Every time you prestige that exp cost rises another 25%. So you're forever leveling up and getting stronger.
  • Evil phone retail = retain lol
  • Or, you know, stat retail might be interesting. Selling internal power to get money for external power.
  • I will tell you right now that "Rivals" is already in the design.  There's a lot of very crazy fun stuff that I didn't used to have memory for.

Redemption... kinda difficult.  I'll be doing certain perks and item powers that will kinda cover this.

Durability might be fun... I'll think about it.  Personally, I like it, it adds a low-pressure thing to keep track of in RPGs, but as you know the general feeling of people is no no never ever.
  • Other pretty cool ideas:

For the Paladin:
    a shield that can be placed or a shield-like ability that will absorb a lot of damage from one direction

Since there is now co-op:
    Interaction between characters. It would be cool if there were some interaction. Some of these could be:

Cosmetic:
    1. High fives
    2. Dancing? And then if two characters dance in close range they dance together?
    3. Idle ‘actions’
    a: necromancer raising a dead worm or chicken or other critter (maybe make it random and add something weird like a book - like the book of creatures in Harry Potter)
    b: mage doing a little trick with his staff, maybe conjouring something small (depending on the chosen element)
    c: rogue doing a random salto or otherwise showing his agility
    And so on
    4. Comments
    If there are voices/voiceacting, some cosy vocal interactions between the characters.
    For example the Samurai trying to teach the Rogue about decency, that it’s wrong to steal and so on.

These things may sound trivial and may not have an effect on the gameplay, but they will add a lot of personality into the game! (For example, see Geralt from the Witcher 3 and Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn. They talk quite a lot with themselves, commenting on the current situation or if they spot something of interest)

Non-cosmetic:
    It would be cool if the different characters could buff eachother a little (not by much, but a little) like the mage applying some elemental aspect to weapons, the paladin could give the group a bit of healing, the samurai could sharpen weapons and so on.

Those are my 5 cents for today!
  • @Agratah

Paladin shield stuff: Having something like that would definitely add an element of strategy in Paladin's gameplay. This should definitely be in Paladin's kit instead of just having some typical defense buff like holy shield from diablo 2. 

Cosmetic stuff: as someone who prefers to conga in cp_orange than play the actual game when playing TF2, having such stupid and goofy things like a getting a Christmas Gift that isn't a sweater. It is also a very good source of memes and youtube videos too.

Buffing stuff: I had an idea of Samurai having a family(or clan) banner which buff nearby allies depends on what family you are in. Also, you could throw the banner into somewhere else for more strategy. however, most of the buff stuff may be reserved for bard for his sole existance is to give buff to others in co-op mode.
  • @Peppermaster

Paladin stuff:
    I agree! I am just wondering a bit whether or not the shield could be abused, for example by blocking an entrance. And then again, maybe that would not be so bad. (I do see a bit of griefing potential here though)

Buffing:
    I did not think of this to be big buffs of any kind, just the ability to be nice to your comrades and maybe give +1 damage, +5% xp gained for a duration or something of the sort.

Banner:
    See, this is an interesting idea as well! It could either buff allies or debuff enemies (The warfare class in titan quest has one of these, and it’s awesome! Maybe a bit overpowered since it grants +1 to all skills for the duration)
    Another form of this, which do not necessarily buff allies, could be some sort of taunt you could place. (maybe a banner with cheeky insults written on it)