Monday Screenshot 7/6: Dungeon Generation

I've been working on a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff in the past week, but some of that has been to vary the dungeon generation a bit (need to address the universal complaint that Solomon's Keep is too much of the same-same-same!)  One of the things I enjoy a lot in games is to find spots that are inaccessible until I can find my way to get to them, such as this cliff here, with a door up above. 

I don't intend to fill the game with any kind of mental challenges, etc, but I do want to add a very light "metroidvania" component to it-- simple stuff that happens every few floors just to break up the "shoot, kill, repeat" a little bit.

Comments

• So.......... how do you get to that door?
  • that will definitly be an improvement lol, expecially if you add in the other "trap" varients that was suggested on another monday SS, but i just have one gripe with this pic.. please please please tell me the gold does not cap at 10k/stack X.x

windslayer, thats the whole point, you gotta discover it on your own lol, im assuming it will be some kind of hidden lever/button in another room that will make stairs pop up or something
  • edited July 2015
    Is the wizard holding a battering ram? XD

http://gyazo.com/f459a0e6d7cfcbccf01eeb683e9b53d3

Maybe its a pole vault pole to get up to the door. Ha