Monday Screenshot 7/13: Charms and Magic Items

I am stealing one of the features that I really liked from Diablo 2: The ability to get bonuses from items that you just hold in your backpack.  So Solomon's Keep will have some special charms that let you gain a bonus just from carrying it, and you have to choose between the inconvenience of blocking your inventory vs. the benefit of the charm.

This one is called the Thoracon Magrulex, and it's one of the rare "artifacts of the world" that have got mention in previous Solomon games.  It's the single most inconvenient one to carry around, but the benefit of it is so huge that everyone's gonna end up carrying it, and cursing me for the shape.

Comments

• :D That is the greatest idea ive seen yet! (Not that the other things are bad, this one just takes the cake!)
  • edited July 2015
    Its going to be droped a lot just so we can look at what is on the ground and drop that stuff just to pick the charm back up.

The very best charm should be a picture of you making a trollface that uses every single inventory square.
    And it is destroyed on drop.
  • I agree it should have some way of preventing people from juggling items back to the village to sell. ex:walk 100ft, drop inventory, walk back, pick up charm, walk past dropped inv, drop charm, retrieve inv, walk a bit farther etc....
  • excellent idea!   and to address the "juggling" issue, when you pick an item up, have it open into a "temporary inventory" where you can see its stats and everything, but its not actually in your inventory

then for the artifacts themselves, depending on how you want to go about it, just have the artifact be sent to your bank back at the village as soon as you drop it, or destroy on drop, with maybe a fee to reforge the item (or to keep the mysticism of the item, it teleports to the "insert extra dimensional plane here" and you have to pay someone to help you retrieve it)