Problem with transfer data Out/In

So, I have a bit of a story: TL;DR at the end.

I played Solomon's Keep back when Boneyard was still a pipedream in good ol' raptisoft's eye. I ate Boneyard up like delicious candy, and gladly spent a few dollars gaining the ever useful Bribe Destiny and a few packs of gold for the characters and whatnot. I stopped playing (while I still had an iPhone 3s) because I pretty much burned out on it eventually. Now, after changing phones two times, I have an iPhone 6 and the Solomon games came to my mind for entertainment.

After re-downloading the games, I found that all my save data was gone (which was fine) but that I still had some purchases available in both Boneyard and Keep. I got back into the Boneyard addiction, and after buying gold again (Raptisoft deserves every penny) I ground out several impressive runs and wasted many many hours already. And just a few moments ago after getting to the ridiculous 4th Unholy bossfight, I decided to poke around to see if I missed any new features.

I noticed the transfer data in/out buttons, and I certainly didn't know what they did. My brilliant mind assumed that this "Dark Cloud" thing was automatic, as I clicked on data in first. When I read the warning I stupidly went "Oh, I was a LOT further and had way better rings in my old stash, lets get that over here!" and just went ahead and tapped. To my dismay I see that everything was reset and I went back to this now despicable feature and read both buttons thoroughly and realized my mistake. So I've realized it was all my fault, but I was wondering if there was a way to get this data back, and how I might go about it.

To be quite honest, I could buy more gold, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but I still had to grind quite a few hours to get where I was in terms of perks and character choice. I'd prefer to find out if it was possible to get the data back before re-investing.

TL;DR, I'm stupid and pressed buttons without reading them, got my game reset and would prefer not to grind back to badassery again.

Thanks guys, I know the Raptisoft community is relatively small and incredibly nice, so any information would be helpful!

Comments

• Hi Tawleyn,

Sorry about this... in the past few years, the domain name that Boneyard is attached to got sniped from under me.  I needed to make changes to Boneyard to adapt to it, but also in the last few years, Apple has changed their API so much that Boneyard will no longer compile and run!

So I'm sort of stuck... it would be considerable work to fix it (everything to do with Apple is always considerable work) and I've chosen at this time to focus on the new version of Keep instead.

Can I do anything for you to make up for the inconvenience?  I can give you a free copy of any of my PC games (Hamsterball, Hap Hazard, Chuzzle).
  • I know a way but I mean I think it's raptisoft's call for me to do it. I'll message him about how and if he agrees I'll message you a way to get it back.