A release Update

Okay, so... Chuzzle 2 is only inches away from being in a state where I can release it.

Note that there are a few things requested that will go into the first update.  In particular, all the little funny things you can do the Chuzzles like shake them and poke them are turned off at the moment because modern touchscreens are causing behaviors I don't expect.  Those will be turned back on in the first update.  I also intend to add puzzles and minigames for a fairly long duration, since they're fast to do, fun to add, and I have a pretty long list of them!

So I think Chuzzle 2 will be submitted to Apple for approval pretty soon, with my intention being to release it on [date redacted].

For those who watch my moves like a hawk, I plan to spend the rest of 2018 making a Chuzzle update, and also playing around with Web Assembly... with the intention of making everything playable in a web page too!

Okay, that's all for now... I'll update with anything major.  After release, I'll keep everyone posted on how things are going, and I'll post a project schedule as soon as I gauge Chuzzle 2's performance.

Thanks again!

Comments

• Good thing that things are going according to your plan. Though, I mostly care little about Chuzzle series, I think I might going to try out Chuzzle 2 when it comes out. Hope nothing strange and bizarre happens to you this year and wish you best.

P.S. I am sorry to whine to you about this in Chuzzle discussion, but before this year is over, can you toss us some bit of info of SKUME like some paladin skills. I have talked about mage balances and suggestions too much that I cannot talk about solomon stuff anymore other than repeating what I have previously said. 
  • Well... I could show some graphics, but I don't like to share TOO much info because people get invested in it, then I put it into the game, I find out it's not fun at all, and suddenly I remove "Fist of God" and replace it with "Shield Smackaroo" and then everyone is mad!
  • I think showing some graphic would suffice. It actually does not tell much but also tells enough info to make any discussion, suggestion, and speculations. Heck, I even used those skill page image I found on google to make as much speculation I can for paladin and necromancer. 

P.S. Well, that is why you should put "alpha screenshot. all subject to change." At least you didn't lie about it hehe. ;) Though, you shouldn't be too afraid of those criticism since many of us would not be that stupid to criticize someone for changing a project that is in alpha stage. Those idiots who do will always find a way to whine no matter what you do. So have faith in humanity :D
  • edited December 2018
    Well, it's not really that I'm afraid of criticism... it's that I don't like making people unhappy as a general principle, but even moreso, people demand to know "why did you remove Fist of God" and I don't have any answer except "but it wasn't fun" which satisfies nobody.  And since I'm an "aaaaaaarteeeeeeeeeeeeest" the drama and discord of the situation can put me off work for a couple days, and who needs to lose that!

Anyway, yeah, I'll happily post some graphics, because I can always claim that even though that icon looks like a mighty fist descending from the heavens, it is in fact meant to symbolize a shield smacking someone.

Edit: Oh, you meant GAME screenshots.  Okay, I'll do that when I can.  I'm tweaking the graphics engine a little bit because one of the reasons I stopped to do Chuzzle 2 was because I got into a situation where my graphics engine wasn't able to do something important I wanted to do, and I was in too artsy a mood to re-jigger an engine.

• Well I personally don’t care whether its game screenshot or some other icon stuff. As long as there is something i can talk about, it should be fine. If game screenshot is too difficult or early right now, im fine with it since i never meant nor expected for a game screenshot actually...

P.s. speaking of discord, there should be an official discord :d
  • I have been waiting for chuzzle for
    2-3 years and am thrilled that John is working on it and getting ready to release it. The beta has been running very smoothly for the most part. Minor issues are immediately fixed by John. We’re lucky to have such a dedicated game developer!
  • "In particular, all the little funny things you can do the Chuzzles like
    shake them and poke them are turned off at the moment because modern
    touchscreens are causing behaviors I don't expect."
    I was wondering about that. Does this disablement also include idle behaviors of Chuzzles? For example, in the original game, Chuzzles that could be moved into a match fidget when the player idles for too long. Uh, not that I sometimes relied on this or anything.
  • I think that only happened on casual difficulty. It hurts the game balance because it makes the hint feature for non-timed modes pointless. Why take some kind of penalty for a hint when you can just get one for free if you're patient? I don't know if there are some Chuzzle 1 modes that still have this feature, but I'm not surprised it's not present in serious gameplay.