Use of SK and SB Soundtrack

Hi there Raptisoft, I hope this is a good way to contact you.

I'm a high school student who is developing a game of my own for windows. The game will net me no profit what-so-ever and is completely free to download and is ad-free.

I'm using music from newgrounds to cover most of the game, but I would like to use Peter Hajba's main themes he created for the SK and SB games.

If I am able to use the music, it will be credited to the artist and the game will be cited for all fairness. I will make no claim to the resources.

I guess you could say I'm asking for permission/making sure its legal for me to do this.

If I have to contact Peter Hajba specifically for this, I will.

Thank you!

Comments

• generally rapti is pretty good about stuff like that (although you might have to defer to the original artist) but what kind of game is it, and will we get a demo of it? =D
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have no intention of this thread being an advert for my game, but here's the indiedb link if you want to see it. http://www.indiedb.com/games/cakequest

It's a dungeon crawler and I would really like the music from the Solomon's games to ice the cake.

I'm hesitant on releasing a demo because this is my first game I've ever made, and I'm worried about criticism on a project that will have a demo or early access before it is completed.

So as far as I'm concerned, no. The game will probably not have a demo. 
  • Give me a couple days to think about it... I don't have any major objections but I have to consult a few people on what can happen to me (after Dark I am very legal gun-shy, and I've had a few other legal cases in my personal life that discourages non-contractual donation).  I paid a fair but of cash for those songs, so I would want some pretty prominent links.  Give me a few days, then I'll contact you via private message.
  • oh right.. i never thought of any kind of legal backlash.. sorry jerfy, but if it threatens rapti or his games in any way id have to vote no on it x.x (not that my vote actually matters >.>)
  • Alright Raptisoft. Thank you for considering.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Jerfy, I PM'd you.