Pre-Christmas update

edited December 2018 in Anything else!
Okay, so Dork Lord hasn't had time to chase me down for a phone call yet (his voice is exactly Solomon's, imagine picking up the phone and Solomon says "I demand to know what you are doing") but since I'm NOT in Monk Mode at the moment, I thought I'd give a little update on what I am going to be doing in the next couple weeks.

First off, and this is apparently an emergency, I am getting the little "torture the Chuzzles" animations running again in Chuzzle 2 and updating.  I was having some issues with the touch screen (registering taps too quickly) and that's going to be today's project essentially.

I'm also playing with WebAssembly.  I have an ancient dream of running my games quick-n-easy in a web browser.  I did realize this dream back in the Hamsterball days with Microsoft's ActiveX, but after that tech died off, I was helpless.  Going to try it out before New Years-- wouldn't it be cool to play the FULL VERSION of Hoggy, Chuzzle, or SKUME in a web page, on chrome, anywhere?

I'm also shooting for an added-content update to Chuzzle 2 between [date redacted], adding another game type, and another puzzle.

Still no significant data on how Chuzzle 2 will earn.  As I mentioned in another thread, I have a disastrous discoverability problem in that the artificial intelligence of the store search engines can't find "Chuzzle 2" if you type in "Chuzzle."  Instead you get pages of results that are clearly keyword exploiters.

As the situation evolves, I shall keep you posted.  If I get any WebAssembly going I'll post some "try it out" threads here too.

Comments

• I imagine the Easter egg where a Chuzzle throws off your cursor could be difficult to adapt to phones. Did you find a solution for that when you ported the original to iOS?

Maybe just have it make the phone vibrate instead to represent it attempting to get rid of your finger?

Also since your current focus seems to be to restore some of the cute little quirks of the original, how about bringing back the sad Chuzzle on the quit screen? Granted, not too many people are going to see this screen on phones (I don't know if it's even possible on iOS), but it would still be a nice touch.
  • edited December 2018
    Oh, the cursor thing, completely impossible on phone (didn't attempt it at all in the Chuzzle 1 port)... I won't make the phone vibrate because there is nothing I hate more than when anything makes my phone vibrate.

Yeah, the sad Chuzzle-- no, it's completely impossible to see a quit screen on iOS, and even on Android, near as I can tell, people who use the back button to quit are a tiny minority (most of the games I play on Android don't even support it).  That said, the sad Chuzzle graphic is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE graphic and I'd rather use texture space for non game-quitting related stuff.

Anyway, the game is full of sad Chuzzles!  Lose a level!  Starve them in the Chuzzarium!  You'll get all the sad weeping Chuzzles your dark heart needs!
  • i have touch glitch problems with 3 chuzzles are missing at Chuzzrium.
  • Hey Magnum, did you have any kind of crash or anything like that?  I might want to give you a code to send me the data... I bet they're offscreen, lol.
  • edited December 2018
    not crashed,
    1 red chuzzle(peppermint) is already multitouch glitch
    2 chuzzles(light blue and dark green???) are offscreen/non-release screen glitch(i was holding chuzzle) and disappear.