Update/Port Question

I havent checked the forum for quite some time and wow a lot happened :).
Hoggy 2 finally released, updates for old back catalog on the way and ports to android..not that this affects me but good for those who are affected :D

I have a question tho...so does the update only occur when u are on ios11 or have an ios11 compatible device that is everything from iphone5s and up?
Or do old devices like for example my ancient ipod touch get some kind of update?

Comments

• Welcome back sparky sparky boom man
  • Hahaha thx mate :)

Its good to be back and i can not wait to finally play the old games in fullscreen with updated resolution new minibosses (or those from dark) and hopefully inproved textures :D plz rapti [-O<
  • Sorry, didn't see this, and been working on the ports... I don't think iOS will give you the new version on an old device.  But there's nothing significantly new in the new versions... they're just adapted to the new screen size, and they allow you to watch ads to get gold in addition to paying 99 cents.

So you don't really need to upgrade.  I was thinking about putting some new stuff in, but then the port of old code to 64-bit Apple was SO difficult that I had to scrap the idea.  All the new stuff goes into Keep HD.
  • >>I don't think iOS will give you the new version on an old device.  But there's nothing significantly new in the new versions... they're just adapted to the new screen size, and they allow you to watch ads to get gold in addition to paying 99 cents.

Ahh ok bc i was just curious if the iphone 5 would get the update since the old games arent optimized and it is not compatible with ios 11

>>I was thinking about putting some new stuff in, but then the port of old code to 64-bit Apple was SO difficult that I had to scrap the idea.  All the new stuff goes into Keep HD.

Ahh what a pity :( buuutt nonetheless i cant wait to play your old games on my iphone 7 
    :D
  • They are sized for the news screens, which looks pretty cool.
  • I cant waait!! Wondering how long apples review process takes...i thought 2 days..but you already submitted last friday..probably lots of updates are coming in due to ios 11 release tomorrow
  • Wait... @CombustionMan ... Are you saying the game is 100% completed and Apple just has to approve it? Does that mean it's 100% completed for Android too and they'll be released at the same time?
  • Oh nevermind I found the new forum post with all the info!