Status 9/26/2017

edited September 2017 in Solomon's Games
Okay, so right now Boneyard is in Testflight making sure everything's working on iOS.  My intentions today are to clean up everything I can in Android Keep, throw it at testers, and prepare to launch it.  Android Boneyard will be put out as soon as my testers think Keep is "pretty much okay" because I know as soon as I throw Boneyard at them, every single one of them will stop testing Keep.

For RwK fans, at this time I am leaning toward YES, porting RwK... Boneyard went much faster than Keep, since the initial work was done, and maybe RwK can go fast too.  I still will be facing the problem of the incompatible older levels, but I'll see what happens there.

Current plans for the rest of 2017, subject to change any time my muse decides:

1. Get Keep+Boneyard out for all systems
2. Do a Hoggy 2 update
3. Port RwK to iOS11 and Android
4. Take a little break to check how my family's doing and see if they remember me
5. Have a go at porting Hamsterball to Mobile (this is another game nobody could port, so if it doesn't go swimmingly, I will stop it pretty quick)
6. Have a go at Chuzzle 2

Comments

• edited September 2017
    hamsterball mobile port and chuzzle 2 YES!

raptisoft: do hoggy update. ???
  • edited September 2017
    Hoggy has a few bugs, and a few requests that need to go in.  It's nothing too big, maybe 3-4 days of work.

Oh, yeah... I mean Hoggy 2... I'll edit.
  • 3. It would be really unfortunate if the old levels ended up just disappearing. Unless you can somehow find a way to convert them or make a 64-bit version of RWK read them, that would just result in two inferior ports of the game that will never get even remotely the same amount of levels. If the game really is so difficult to port that making its sequel wouldn't take that much longer, then I think it would've been better to do that and release the original's Windows version so that the old levels are preserved.

5. You mean nobody could port Hamsterball to iOS and Android specifically, right? After all, a PS3 version of the game already exists.
  • edited September 2017
    SomeRandom: 5, yes.  The PS3 version I didn't do, and have never played, but I am informed that if I ever did actually see it, I would probably pour ashes on my head or something.
  • edited September 2017
    I watched some video footage of it. The porting team went for a pretty bizarre approach. They added a whole new mode that's more along the lines of Super Monkey Ball, yet for some reason, they removed some of the original mode's levels. So it's hard to say if you should call it an expanded port or a butchered one. I'm not surprised you had no involvement with it.
  • Good to hear that you will likely port RwK... what about hoggy 1? I mean yeah thers hoggy 2 buuut you could still make money off hoggy 1 :-\"

Btw: You talked about this in some posts..its about the plans for 2017/2018..and a lot of fans including me want SKHD asap..but i have to say putting out multiple "small" games first is better...bc you get more recognition and attention and earn money on the way...and then you drop your big games..soo keep up the good work :)
  • edited September 2017
    Hoggy 2 is eventually going to get an update that embeds Hoggy 1 right into it (moreso than just the region that's in there now that lets you play Hoggy 1 levels). 

Rastapopoulon is actually working on that... for me, it's just about getting a spare couple days to make it all integrate nicely.
  • edited September 2017
    Don't use/add Hoggy 2 Pause Layout on Hoggy 1 Update because its sucks like different
  • Pause Layout?
  • You are aware that Hoggy 1 won't be seeing any further updates, right? All that's happening is that its levels are being ported to Hoggy 2.
  • @SomeRandomHEFan

Nou just levels ! The hub of Hoggy 1 will also be ported :) And of course all levels of hoggy 1 !

The best way to explain that is: The whole Hoggy 1 game will be port into Hoggy 2 !
  • >>Hoggy 2 is eventually going to get an update that embeds Hoggy 1 right into it (moreso than just the region that's in there now that lets you play Hoggy 1 levels).

>> The best way to explain that is: The whole Hoggy 1 game will be port into Hoggy 2 !

Well that sounds rly good :D