Status 11/4/2017

Today's agenda:

o Work on Keep and Boneyard updates, especially focusing on a few boneyard crashes
o RwK if there's time

Comments

• Is the choice of three skills upgrades random? I'm not getting any health options
  • @Zells26 

It is random but I don't think you should ever waste skill points on health up unless that is the only good choice you have. No matter how much hp you have, enemies get really stronger and one two shot you regardless of health amount. What you really need is Magic Shield. It is possible to get it by random luck but I recommend using magic shield perk just to gaureentee that you get it before its too late.

• Question when you have bribe destiny, do you get ads as an option if you don't have enough gold to pay for it at the time of level up?
  • Btw bribe destiny should be a fate and. It a perk slot taker, you already are paying gold each time you use it on level ip
  • And not a perk slot taker*
  • edited November 2017
    >Question when you have bribe destiny, do you get ads as an option if you
    don't have enough gold to pay for it at the time of level up?

That does happen in Keep, so it's probably the case here as well.

>Btw bribe destiny should be a fate and. It a perk slot taker, you
    already are paying gold each time you use it on level ip

Bribe Destiny is a game-breaking cheat. You're supposed to get penalized for using it.
  • Let the record show that I regret and will always regret having been talked into putting bribe destiny into the game.
  • Am I one of the few that actually liked bribe destiny?
  • Apparently, although I like it too. To be fair, though, it is a bit OP
  • I dunno bout op, granted I never had just a bank full of gold to use it. I only ever could afford to pay it due to the rising cost 3-5 times tops, usually only used it twice most times. Originally it was a permanent addition once you bought it. When rapti announced ads we were told (I know sometimes things change) that bribe would be now free, unlocked already, or whatever. Then I was pleased to hear that the magic backpack would be a permanent perk we didn't have to use a perk slot for, but now bribe isn't permanent so that extra space isn't extra anymore if you utilized bribe previously. Whenever I personally used bribe destiny before I didn't necessarily get farther in the game. You could boost your spell levels specifically instead of depending on randomness, but now you run out of mp way faster. And when using it you really couldn't save up for other perks to unlock. Least in my experience that is how it was. Do I play that much differently than everyone else does?

In the original game I always looked at perks as upgrading your character. This is one of the reasons I was bummed to see magic backpack a perk you had to equip each time. All that work for something that shoulda been permanent. But I dealt with it. I looked at bribe destiny in the same way, it helps but in no way made me a god in the game.
  • Eventually, I got to the point where I had bought every perk, so gold was only used for bribe destiny. I first maxed out battle mage, which is an 80% mana reduction at level 6, making mana a non-issue for a long time, then every time I got a bad set of skills, I just got what I wanted instead, usually magic shield, cone of ice, or frost jet. With bosses dropping a couple hundred gold each, I could bribe destiny just about every time I wanted to, resulting in consistently getting to about the third or fourth unholy, compared to my cousins who didn't have bribe destiny only managing to get to the third unholy occasionally (I believe they only managed it once or twice).