Solomon's Boneyard Android Beta

edited October 2017 in Beta Testing
Okay, I didn't read my docs well enough.  My android beta choices are either to open to everyone in the universe, or open it to people whose e-mail address I know.

If you want to beta Android please enter your e-mail address here!

This has to be the same e-mail you use to sign into Google Play or whatever...

It'll give you some information.  But note that the beta testing won't accept you until I actually enter your e-mail address into Google Play's beta thing.  So I will try to do that as often as possible.  So if you get some page that say You Shall Not Pass, don't be alarmed, it's just that I haven't grabbed all the e-mails for Google Play yet.

Comments

• "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" (is all i hear as the little school boy runs around happily in my head)
  • Great to hear the game is ready for beta testing. Just submitted my e-mail address.
  • Oh no, I'm as few hours late and now I might not get the instant gratification of playing boneyard allllll night
  • edited October 2017
    First batch of testers, your e-mails just went live.  You should be able to use that link now (or soon-- it might take Google time to propagate it, I am not 100% sure how quick that operates)

Remember, you'll need to visit this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.raptisoft.SB
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaaa X(
  • edited October 2017
    You could have sent some notification like for Solomon's Keep.
  • Wooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Just saw this! Yes!
  • it says Item Not Found..
  • Item Online already!
  • edited October 2017
    Oh it's not modable like in SK all the txt files are encrypted
  • Actually, on Android I could unencrypt it... the only reason I did that for SB on iOS was because it used the gamecenter high score lists.  I haven't figure out yet how to use the google equivalent without crashing the game.
  • edited October 2017
    Second wave of emails, you have been given access.

Note: At least one e-mail was refused by google, I think because it isn't registered on the google play store.  Whoever used "naver.com," it didn't allow your e-mail to be imported as a playtester.

And for those of you, you know who you are, who spelled your e-mail wrong, submitted it, and then entered it again correctly, thanks for the extra work. ;)

Remember that Google can sometimes take a few hours to propagate.  But at some point, when you click on

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.raptisoft.SB

you should be good to go.  (Note: whatever browser or whatever you use to click that link, you need to be signed in with the e-mail you submitted)

Please create new bug threads here on the Raptisoft forums under the category "Beta Testing."  Do a quick scan to see if someone's already reported the same bug, too-- but if you DO get a bug someone else reported, please post on their thread with any additional insight you can on how the bug happened.
  • YAY!! Already submitted my email address! 

Can't say how I'm happy about it going beta after all those years! :D

Thanks for your great job!
  • YAY perfect stormy weather for some testing :D
  • Oh rapti one other thing the folder called 'com.raptisoft.SB' remains hidden when viewing the folder contents through windows.

Would it be possible to add the ability to add permissions to both SK and SB in android to move the file contents from internal memory to the SD card for those that have low storage capacity on their phones.
  • Never used Windows to inspect an Android phone, but have you tried browsing it with 7-Zip? Pretty sure that program can view absolutely all files, even those that Explorer refuses to show under any circumstances.

It's primarily an archive program, but it can move files as well.
  • Regarding the need to encrypt the TXT files to prevent highscore cheating, how about you instead have the game verify their checksums and simply refuse to upload highscores when they don't match? Then modders could still mess with the game however they want, yet the global highscores would remain clean.

It would also be a more reliable anti-cheat measure. Your current approach would fail if particularly ambitious cheaters crack the encryption.
  • edited October 2017
    War2K: As far as I know, I don't have ANY control over that... it seems to be by phone or driver or something.  Are you able to view Keep's files?  I could look and see if there's any permission differences, but since I cloned Keep's Android project to make Boneyard's, I'd be at a loss to even know where to look first.

SomeRandom: Well... because I don't want to do that work for this game. :)  I want to be doing Solomon's Keep HD.
  • Yep I can see the keep files with no issues in windows
  • That's really strange... and bad, because I count on users being able to send me their files.  So I'll see if I can figure out what's up.  Android is really tricky though-- there's a bajillion settings, and each phone defaults them to something different.
  • So just for the heck of it I tried copying the txt(spells and item) files from SK to SB since both games used the same skill trees and file names but SB didn't like and crashed when trying to load the map after the graveyard selection screen.

I can do that much via the android file browser.
  • i know i'm a bit late to the party, but is there perhaps any chance of still joining the android beta for SB?
  • I am also late, but would really like to be apart of this. Or have some info on when it will be downloadable?! Thaaanks
  • Well thats embarrassing, just downloaded SB AND SK I've been waiting for this for four years!! Sorry to annoy you but i love you raptisoft!
    -end fanboy rant- :D
  • Haha, no problem blaineishxc... the betas now are mostly bug fixes and small modifications.  I'm wrapping up everything this year so that 2018 can be reserved exclusively for SKHD.