Hello everyone

Hi, I doubt anybody here knows me. My name is Candybar121, and I've been playing RWK for about a year, but I did play the original flash game within days of it coming out. I've only upload 5-6 levels, and I've only just now discovered there is a way to communicate with other players! I saw that Raptisoft posted something yesterday about a potential update, and I'm excited AF! I also just want to say, their (his? her?) quote about Fomb being the lord of all RWK players is so true. I've seen so many quality levels from him (her?), and I want to thank you. 
Few things I wish were in the game:
  • Comments on levels (in-game)
  • Saving levels as favorites
  • Fixed bluetooth message at launch
  • More updates
  • Less levels from Asome (Please, they are all terrible)
Thats all I have to say, I didn't know how to organize all these thoughts into a good paragraph or two so I just kinda put them down.
Hello again, everybody!

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Hi Candybar121 =D  i was really enjoying reading your post untill i got to the last bullet point.. everyone is entitled to create and share their levels (unless there offensive or something) if you dont like them thats fine just dont play them, but dont slander someone elses levels
  • Good call Tears.

• The old forum was a more lively place than this new one. I'm not surprised as a lot of hard work went in making it a great resource and alas, all lost :( 

I agree everyone is free to create as many levels as they want but, at the same time and most importantly, everyone else is free to comment on them as well, be it derisive or laudatory . From my perspective, Asome is spamming, constantly reposting his levels. I have nothing to say about the quality of his levels but if you're going to brazenly spam your levels ceaselessly, you're bound to have a bad time with at least some of the community.
  • Very good point fnanfe...

I think everyone should be open to criticism, maybe op could've been a bit more specific (stop spamming levels, put a bit more thought into them, etc). To tell someone to give up on the game might've been a bit harsh though (might be a kid just messing around after all...)
  • yea, as ive said before i dont play rwk, so i didnt know he was spamming levels.. and spamming levels would fall under the "offensive" category. as for the commenting on a level, yes id definitly say people have a right to comment on the levels that are created, my only issue with what op said was that he should basically stop making levels cuz they suck (atleast the way i interpreted it, but now i see the issue was more on spamming)

i wonder if rapti could put some type of check in place, to make sure a level dosent have XX% of the exact same blocks as another level you posted (id say somewhere between like 50-80%, as im sure some people might have a base "template" that they then add unique paths to) 
  • There's no good way for me to do a "spam compare" on levels, but what I'm working on for the updated level sharing that's going into Hoggy (dubbed Maker Mall) is providing a reporting system, so that after x reports, a level automatically disappears and gets tagged for review (this is mostly because the Hoggy levels allow you to display text, so I assume one of the first priorities of the world will be to generate a Swear Word Level).

So that will be a partial solution, and the new system will also be flexible enough for me to adapt it on the fly.  Kitty Connect isn't.
  • That sounds like a good idea.  Also, my suggestion earlier of a user defined block list would allow anyone to select users that just wouldn't show up in their level list.  It wouldn't require much and wouldn't actually get rid of any levels (as I imagine there's plenty of people who'd like to get rid of some of my levels ;), they just wouldn't be visible to the individual whose annoyed by them.
    I also agree with others thoughts on criticism.  I wouldn't get too worked up about levels we don't like.  Spend more time talking about levels we do like.  Besides, I think some of these simple/incomplete levels could have been made by some younger level makers and as such could be a decent accomplishment for a kid, and we never really know what struggles people are dealing with or overcoming at any age.  Maybe better to just pass over the users we don't enjoy as much and focus more on those level makers we do.
    Just my two cents.  ;)