Don't forget-- Oct 31

2»

Comments

• I feel silly, where do I find the download for the game?
    The solomon Dark website still has the same old image for me
  • One possible thing: My box is updated to the newest Win10, whatever that update was a couple months ago... are you on that one, or an earlier version? 
  • Email_Soup, visit www.raptisoft.com and follow the link there, the HAPPY HALLOWEEN one.

• I believe I'm on the newest version.. I'll doublecheck that and get back to you.
  • Sweet, will play it and get back to you if I find any breaking bugs.
  • It looks like I'm not on the newest version. I'll install that and post an update here later. Thanks for your help.
  • I just tried it too, and the game just crashed. I have Windows 10, 64-bit, and it happened the same as ZedTheRed described it.
  • edited October 2016
    Still on Windows 8, seems fine.

Although pressing space will instantly level me up, which is pretty weird
  • It was also crashing for me. After copying the sandbox/settings.txt from the beta 0.71 into the new version it worked!

The crucial line is:

Graphics.Fullscreen=false

• It crashed for me too. I fixed it by copying sandbox/settings.txt from the previous beta. The crucial setting is:

Graphics.Fullscreen=false

• Thanks for the release! I think the Earth wizard is not working properly (at least for me). Also confirming the space level up glitch.
  • Just tried playing it in compatibility mode with windows 8, and even windows XP, and it still crashes on startup.
  • DMD, you are possibly a lifesaver.  The game is defaulting into fullscreen mode because its "preferred" resolution is wider than the screen.  There appears to be a problem with fullscreen on some Win10 machines, so I am going to make a modification to it that prevents it from defaulting to fullscreen at all.

I will also fix the space levelup, which I used for testing.  I will post this soon, and I'll let you know here.  In the meantime, anyone who is crashing, you should be able to fix it by following DMD's instructions above.
  • WOO! It works! Thanks, dmd <:-P
  • How do you fix the issue? The sandbox folder only has a subfolder called "social", and its empty. I can't find a .txt file with settings anywhere else either.
  • I downloaded the game thank you Rapisoft (Jon?) t is just as amazing as i thought when you first posted a video about it i also supported your greenlight because i think solomon is one of the best game series ive ever played especially mobile 
  • Just create a new "settings.txt" in sandbox\settings file and insert dmd`s command into that file.
    Then save and start the game.

That`s how it worked for me.

Have a nice one!

ps:
    The game will automatically create a lot of stuff in your sandbox folder.
    You might consider going back to the settings.txt file if your resolution is too cocky to change it ingame
  • edited October 2016
    I am uploading a fix as well... my DSL is going slow, but it will make sure the game never defaults to fullscreen.  Not sure why Windows 10 doesn't like the fullscreen...

I'll post here when I update it.  If any of you are seeding torrents of planning to offer this for download off your own sites or something, you'll want to host the new one.
  • Thanks DMD!

Just going to summarize what happened with my computer in the case it will help anyone else.

When I first tried it I missed your point about using the 0.71 beta version settings.txt. I tried to make my own and place it in the social folder:P

Did not work well at all so I tried to select the "debug" option that windows gives during crashes. Do not do this. I wound up having to hard restart my laptop. 

I reread the forums, and than facepalmed mentally. I did have 0.71 (from a Youtube video comment link) and proceeded to copy and paste the settings.txt to the correct area (which 0.71 indicated). 
    As a result the game started to load and came out a bit funny due to it being in a different resolution than my own computer. I changed the resolution to my laptops (1366,768) and ran it again. Than I closed the game and changed the fullscreen options to "true". 

Game appears to open properly and in the correct resolution. 

Cannot investigate it much further as I am now in class, but I wanted to spend at least a few minutes making sure the game worked for me before the download time expired (I have no idea if the link would be updated or not so I wanted to make absolutely sure the game worked correctly). 

Really should've chosen a better time to try fixing it but I got stuck working on an assignment for last couple hours and like I mentioned wanted something that would work by the time I got home:)

I own a lenovo laptop with an r4 amd graphics card and it has windows 10.
  • I'm also running Win10 and the game won't start. Says "The program can't start because BASS.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." The download didn't give me any sandbox or settings file, so I cant insert that line to fix anything. The bass.dll is there but it doesn't work.
  • Falchion, somehow Win10 must not be allowing it permission to access that file-- or the exe is not in the same place as bass.dll?  But it might be a permission issue-- if somehow it's not being allowed access to bass.dll.
  • The bass.dll is right above the Solomondark.exe, is it in the right spot? I tried running the game as administrator already. I don't know how to allow permission for the bass.dll if that's the problem.
  • That's the right spot... but it's almost like Win10 is quarantining the exe for running, and thus it can't access it?  I know Win10 does funny stuff like that, but if it's right in the same directory, I can't see what the issue might be.  Anyone else here have any ideas?

How about if you drag the whole kit and caboodle out to your desktop?  Maybe you have it in a folder that Win10 considers protected?
  • Ok I got it working! So I just extracted the files again and this time the SolomonDark shortcut decided to work. Strange. Anyway thanks for your time I appreciate it!
  • Hi everyone. Explore the Dark Cloud seems to crash the game on Win10 for me. And what does F12 do exactly?
  • Just in case anyone is wondering, after setting it so that it wouldn't automatically full screen, the game worked, and if you go to settings and select fullscreen to be on, it still works.
  • is there going to be a way to kickstart this game or at least pay you for the amazing beta? you put years of work into this and it shows

• He is working on Solomon's Keep Deluxe, which is similar to this so we must wait for that :D although I think there are donate buttons on his ios games, he should set up a donation place outside of those that way apple doesnt get like 30% of it
  • Raptisoft (or just Rapti?), I am working on a little unofficial trailer for Solomon Dark so that there is some mixed gameplay to show off and hopefully get some more people interested in the series and therefore also SK Deluxe. For that I've ripped three songs out of the mo3 music file to use as background music. Is that okay for you or would you rather I didn't do that? :)
    I hope to upload it on saturday.
  • No worries, you can use anything in the package for anything that draws people toward the game or my site.