Okay, let's try this again

edited December 2018 in Beta Testing
Sorry for posting and vanishing... for the last week and a half I have gone through a horrible nightmare of modern iOS compatibility fixing that would be fall-down hilarious if it was happening to someone else.

First note: If you got an iPhone beta, you were NOT supposed to.  That went out by accident.  Everyone has changed their beta systems, and Apple no longer appears to require pushing a button to send a beta out.  It went out as soon as it was uploaded and approved-- but I had intended to just test that system.  This was a mistake, and there's a lot of iOS bugs in that build that I've spent the last week sweating over.  The real beta is uploaded and it's just waiting for Apple to approve.

Second: If you didn't get an Android beta, same situation in reverse.  It was supposed to go out Friday, but somehow it didn't.  I have a support request in to Google to figure out why, but as soon as it's accessible, you should be getting an e-mail.

Now that I've gotten though this unanticipated period of Apple Adjustment, I will be on the forum more, at least once a day until I descend into Solomon Monk Mode.  Dork Lord let me know that you guys want updates, so he and I will be doing a conference call once a week or so so that he can keep everyone in the loop. 

Okay, so I am hoping within the next two days, the beta is going for real and everything can move forward!  My apologies again-- evidently as time goes on, knowing a lot about how computers work is just as bad as knowing nothing about how computers work when everyone changes their whole process with every single update.

--John

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Hi, John, to your credit I have not experienced any bugs in the Apple version. I’m very glad I got to try it out. You’ve done wonderfully.

I’ll hold off posting on social media until I get an email of the “real“ beta release of the iOS version and find out that Android users also have access to the Chuzzle 2 beta.

Thank you for your amazing updates to Chuzzle 2!

I’m no good at the other games or I would keep trying them. I’m more of a match three and hidden objects person. A laid-back single player with no pressure and no or little frustration kind of gamer.

Stephanie

• Thanks Stephanie-- I'm glad to hear it.  I really enjoy developing for a broad spectrum, so some projects it's dungeons, other projects it's color-matching furballs. :) 

There is one problem you're going to experience, and I'm sad to report it: Your existing saves will deleted with the second beta.  The first one stored the data in a "debug" location where I could get to it easier-- on a lot of devices it didn't even work (not sure what the difference is between the devices where it did save, and the ones where it didn't).  But, I CAN give you some coins to make up for it, if you want. 

And if you post any videos or anything, please link them back here.  I gain a lot by watching how people play-- it helps me identify little rough spots that I can tweak.
  • And one more update... the Android beta is finally available.  If you signed up, you should receive an e-mail shortly!
  • edited December 2018
    (on an android) I've never played the first chuzzle this is a fun game and a neat twist on color matching :D
    It's quite enjoyable, i havn't run into any bugs yet.

Edit: i did notice that Chuzzle 2 remains listed as needing to be updated no matter how many times i update it in the play store.
    Edit2: i am on a LG Stylo 2 Plus (t-mobile model)
  • You're not the only one to complain about that Updated thing... I assume it has something to do with whatever didn't let the beta go out on Friday.  Either way, I'll be posting a new beta after I fix the first batch of bugs, let's hope that fixes it!
  • edited December 2018
    @Raptisoft Hi, John, It’s no problem that the updated beta won’t have my saved games. I needed the practice. I don’t need you to give me any coins, but thank you very much for the offer.

Chuzzle 2 is terrific but I’m not so good with the “match the square” or the “beat the locks” portions (yet!).

I used to play the original Chuzzle before and as I was falling asleep. I presume I won’t be able to do that anymore.

I tweeted and posted info and images of the game but I haven’t done any videos. I’m not good enough to do that.

I’ll download the new version now and will post any irregularities I notice.

Thanks again!

Stephanie
  • FYI, as you play, you will find that you can unlock the modes from Chuzzle 1. :)  I won't spoil the surprise, but if you play long enough you'll find them sooner or later, there's no choice.
  • This is a wonderful Christmas present! Thank you John!
  • Mr Raptisoft I would sincerely request something from you.

You said there will be a samurai class.

You me and everyone knows Samurais are 2COOL right?

so i have a few suggestions.

If you make samurai make him a hit and run character. Like a wind a storm. He slashes everything and move like a soap on bathroom amongst an undead army

To be more understandable i have some videos to give you inspiration

I want him to be strong as steel and smooth  like butter flowy like wind...

please Mr Raptisoft.
  • edited December 2018
    Hey, you colonized my Chuzzle thread with Solomon stuff!  I was going to consult some honest to goodness Asians about how to make a samurai very samurai-y, while at the same time keeping it as irreverant as the Paladin, Necromancer, Wizard, Druid, and Rogue will be.  But "Hit and Run" sounds like a good guideline to go by.  I had envisioned him as being a combination of Paladin/Rogue, without the religious/rascal skill trees.

(Edit) Druid and Samurai will be in an expansion back!  Don't anyone go tweeting anything!
  • Ok John, I won’t Tweet about this.
  • @Raptisoft Bug or whatever. Night sky background. Buttons in all 4 corners but no Chuzzmama to tap on to start the game. 
    iPhone version.