Solomon's Keep question

i found SB first, and then went back to play SK, i beat SK but i keep seeing people talking about having these extremely high levels and tons of gear with huge bonuses that ive never seen, is there some way to farm for more exp/gold that im just not finding? or is it just a new game+, new game++ new game+++ etc.?  i beat the game, but didnt go on to do ng+, is that what i have to do to "max out"?

Comments

• To MY knowledge, without hacking, yes, the only way is to play, stuff goodies in amazing cabinet, play, stuff goodies in amazing cabinet, play, etc...

But SK's inventory, etc, is pretty easy to hack, so it wouldn't surprise me if some people, at least, have illicit goods!
  • yea, but those goodies all become useless after a few turns in the cabinet, so unless you play 12 games to feed one game goodies, its never gunna happen like that... must be from inv hacks then :(  unless theres better loot drops on harder difficulties? cuz all i seem to see is really bad bonuses but ive seen other people with +3 to all skills n such
  • The inventory in keep is just as hard as boneyard to hack if not more so. Boneyard had a pattern in the save that gave it away but since you can have staves in keep it makes it harder to tell where each items data starts and stops in the save file. In boneyard every ring was 62 bytes long. The first ring didn't start at the beginning though I dont know what all that was maybe gold and potions or something. 

Keeps skills are what can be modified easily, its stored as plain text.

• either way i wouldnt hack a game, kinda defeats the point if you ask me lol.. if i get something i want to earn it
  • In Solomon's Boneyard though, you can use Magic Inventory to obtain a ridiculous number of items over time and I know some people (Coughxglcough) have obtained excessively high levels.
  • Yea I know, I have pretty much everything unlocked and god knows how many rings and 400k gold that I'm just sitting on. I'm sure I could actually get a higher lev/score then I currently have, but my phone (iPhone 4) lags out too much and I'll have moments of 1 frame per 10-20 seconds, and in that lag something generally happens and my spell stops firing or something and I get overrun in a split second lol
  • Yea I know, I have pretty much everything unlocked and god knows how many rings and 400k gold that I'm just sitting on. I'm sure I could actually get a higher lev/score then I currently have, but my phone (iPhone 4) lags out too much and I'll have moments of 1 frame per 10-20 seconds, and in that lag something generally happens and my spell stops firing or something and I get overrun in a split second lol
  • If you kill the unholy bosses (after the 3rd or 4th) either quick enough or in a way that they cannot summon imps there is almost no lag. When you get a wave with imps it becomes terrible again but that doesn't last as long as when an unholy spawns them at least.

I unforged over 8000 rings in one game. I only got like 2 bonuses after the first 2000. The chance becomes incredibly low after like the first 10 rings.
  • yea, i generally try to hit him with a blizzard beam while off screen so he never actually attacks, but thats literally sitting still with my thumb in one place for 5+ mins doing nothing, and i get incredibly bored that way lol...  the only other thing, and its slightly harder to maintain, is to drop a magic circle, run away to lure the boss inside it then attack him with ice/lightning to slow his attack activations, but the constant repositioning of the boss sux.. 

that and also i use primaraly ice, as im sure most do because its basically the only thing to stop you from dieing to a hail of arrows (except lighning with hurricane 2-3 and standing in a circle) but eventually the only skill i can chose at level up is to push frost jet past 20, making its damage drop to nothing

speaking of that particular encounter, for this revamped SK, could you impose some sort of limit on spam summoning like that? either a max on screen number of enemies or atleast a cooldown so he cant chain spam firewalls and imps? 
  • With the revamped SK it wont be as much as  a problem as the system will probably be able to handle it without as much problems.
  • edited May 2015
    Two quick questions:
    1. Are +2 to all skills rings available in SB without hacking? I found some in SK, but have never seen any in SB, and I have farmed tons of epic rings off the later unholy imps...
    2. I have been able to kill the Unholy off screen with frost missile, but I've never been able to do the thing where you trap it inside your shield and stun it with magic missiles. Does anyone here know how that works?
  • For number 1, Raptisoft has confirmed it is possible to obtain but we only have 1 unconfirmed report of that actually being true. So he could be lying, wrong, or it's just really really really rare.
  • You need to be firing extremely quickly. 

there's the video. I have maxed stats in that run but I don't know if you need completely maxed stats. I was also wearing a 150% faster casting ring. You can see in the video how quick it actually is by watching the mana bar pulse, as well as the purple flashes on the boss.
  • >>So he could be lying, wrong, or it's just really really really rare.

Hm, it shouldn't be THAT rare... possibly it's a bug in the code.  They're supposed to slowly enter the pool after a certain point, but I admit that players get further and last longer than I ever anticipated was possible!
  • what did you use to record that?  and hacking is never the answer... unless you do it to somehow increase the dificulty, because then it just ruins the game :/

Janus, if your talking about what i said before, it uses magic circle, and it slows enemies and projectiles that pass through it, so i use the skill, then i run out of the circle so the boss follows me and he goes into it, then while he is inside it, the frequency of his attacks drops quite a bit (because of the slowing effect of magic circle) then using frost jet, or stun from lightning (i assume welds work too) his attack/movement speed is further slowed, to the point that he may only attack 1-3 times for the duration of the magic circle, and having a much longer delay between the imp wall spams lets you actually kill the first wall of imps before the second one comes so it dosent lag as much, but eventually there too strong to kill before the next one comes, but it does help to atleast reduce the lag, ill try and make a video of it if super tells me what he uses to record and post it
  • @Raptisoft - Yeah, I didn't think you were lying. You know it's possible that it's just people who visit these forums that are cursed never to find one. :P
  • Its called "Display Recorder"

I feel like if +2 to all skills rings are obtainable but just unbelievably rare then I think hacking was justified. It was fun to see my frost jet go like 270 degrees around me haha. 

My wave 71 record was surprisingly before I figured out how to hack it though, so it was without the rings.
  • i dont see display recorder on the app store :/  is it maybe something that just comes with the newer phones? (im using a iphone4)
  • cydia dosent show up either ;.; (altho the search drop down shows several cydia searches)
  • Im confused by your phrasing. Cydia is the alternative app store for jailbroken phones. Display recorder is on Cydia not the app store.
  • ahh, gotcha, and as far as my phrasing, i was saying when you go to the app store and start typing in the search bar, it has autofill suggestions that appear below it, i typed in cydia and had like 6 other cydia suggestions (cydia free, cydia iphone, cydia free iphone, ect..) that appeared below it, so it is a frequently searched app, but my phone isnt jailbroken and i dont intend on jailbreaking it, so ill look at some of the other recording things i seen