Player wants update

2»

Comments

• You know what would be really cool to add to RwK: a certain block that if you stepped on it(and the block could be camouflaged to look like it was a regular block)a door or another block that could be painted or not, so you could not get out until you get a key or step on another camouflaged block.(the camo blocks could also make blocks and doors disappear, it could play tricks on the players mind, make new secret passages and areas open up. It would also be cool to have timed blocks that are still camouflaged and the player could make a time he wants the block/door to disappear/appear or reappear and could also do this twice and so one, and keep doing this if the player wants to. Some blocks would have a properties menu to change when they reappear/appear etc.
    This would ad some many more dimensions to the game.
  • One thing I have noticed. There have been several submitted games that have clearly not been tested correctly ( able to reach the Kitty ) and yet the person was able to submit the game to the server. Is this a glitch?
  • ALLANNON51, which levels are these, can you list a few?

A new RwK song would be rather refreshing with the next update!
  • Technically via the code, there's no way to get a level up there that hasn't been completed-- unless you hack the program.  I don't think that's happening, what I think is happening is, these players are finding weird esoteric ways to beat the levels (like strange, non-common sense jumps that exploit collision glitches) and thus are able to sneak it through.

At this time, due to some issues with Apple and their codebase (I can't get RwK to run in landscape mode at all since two XCode updates ago) I can't update the program.  But I should have time to look into it *pretty* soon.
  • edited September 2015
    "Not possible to get a level on the servers that is non-completed?" 

Guys, make an impossible level. (Put the robot in a 3X3X3X3 area) and put the kitty outside. Play the level. Go to the editor. Move the robot to the kitty. Play the level. Put the robot back in the box. The "verified and upload" box will be white, and you can upload the level.

Idk maybe u meant something else.

NIce to see this game isn't dead. I already deleted it tho.
  • Hm, there must be something about it slipping through my "level has changed" checks.  If Apple hadn't changed things so much that I can't compile it any more, it'd be easy to get in there and fix it, but this is one of the perils of working with Apple-- they make your stuff obsolete really fast.
  • Fomb, when your ancient phone dies, ping me, I have an old 5 that I'll donate. ;)
  • Thanks Casxcas, that's very nice of you.  I'm hoping though that an update will make the game playable on Android.  I'm surprised thought that my little phone (3gs) is still kicking.  It's getting progressively more laggy for some reason, but still going.

• As for the update Raptisoft, you'd mentioned things changing and compiling being a problem.  I think I know several people who might be really good at figuring things like that out if you could use some help.  I could get you some contact numbers if you like.

• Hey Fomb, I appreciate the offer.  I'll discuss more in a bit-- I might kick a couple smaller games out before Solomon's Keep is done, just because I have two games that I've been working on only part-time, but even at only a few hours a week they are both approaching completion over the course of the last year.  One of them is a remake of RwK re-themed with Hap Hazard's setting, and with an extended editor (contains triggers and whatnot).  If that all panns out, it should provide fertile ground.

I'll keep you posted.  Since you're the Lord of All RwK Level Makers, I would like to get it into your hands prior to release so that you can look it over... but that would be somewhere around Feb/March, most likely.

• Ohhhhh nooooo!!!!! An estimated release date D:
  • That curse actually seems to be restricted to Solomon games, for some reason.  Maybe the whole thing is like Cool World, and I'm not really writing Solomon games, but I'm just channeling another dark reality into this one.
  • Thank you so much for your kind words.  And I would love to help out any way I can.  Especially looking over a new game.  :)
    I should probably get you my contact info.  You want me to send an email to the techsupport address?  Or a different one?

• omg rapti you just smacked me in the face with nostalgia.. gotta go watch that now lol
  • Suggested idea:
    Gravity areas like in this game: http://www.notdoppler.com/thatgravitygame.php
    Gravity changing controls, like tap a button and the world/gravity is flipped upside down.
    Can't wait for the update!
  • Hi fellow RWK fans.
    John, your update news is fantastic! RWK is extremely well put together. I still post about it on forums recommending people buy it ;)
    Is my RWK FAQ still around?
    I support all of FOMB's suggestions (but I'm less fussed on filtering levels).
    Blocks: add timed blocks. They either disappear after 1 second of being touched (but reappear shortly), or they (dis)appear in a fixed timing cycle.
    Bosses: death of a boss shoots fireball, killing everything in line of sight).
    Boss: a homing boss, follows robot
    Block: a magnetic block that messes with the robot (eg. Pull left/right).
    Block: ice that causes a player to skid.
    I think someone suggested a trigger pad that opens a door while the pad is being stood on.
  • No OzBoy, the whole forum got spammed to death, ALL was lost!

Many commemorations... ;(
  • Yeah, as fnan said, the old forum got eventually destroyed by spammers.  That's why this forum has a policy (for now) where I have to approve the first post of any new member.

That said, the forum databases ARE still intact-- but the spam to reality ratio is somewhere near 50,000 to 1 and it's impossible to find anything in it, since the spammers, of course, include every possible keyword in their posts.  Perhaps I should make it available in case anyone wants to try?  If I do that, it'll be after Hoggy launches, since I'm about to prioritize that.
  • How on earth do those spammers think anyone would buy their crap? It's obvious spam that's not even in comprehensible english. It's like the only thing they wanted to do was utterly destroy the forums.
  • glad i never had to deal with that lol.. and as far as people buying the spammers crap, you would be surprised how many people will actually buy useless crap, or fall for the "get rich quick working from home" thing.. thier target isnt the 95% of sane people, its the 5% that are stupid/gullable, even a small% of people buying a relatively cheap item can still yield big rewards