Requesting Beta Testers

Hi all-- sorry for the long absence!  I have been deeply in Monk Mode and doing several things at once.  Since I have no skill points in "Social" it always drops off the bottom.

So, news items:

1. Chuzzle 2 is at the point of beta.  If you'd like to beta test, please visit here:

http://45.76.25.28/signup.php

Make sure you sign up appropriately for Android or iOS... if I get an error from trying to import an e-mail into the respective system, I will just remove it from the list.  Also, if you have family or friends, Chuzzle is my most family-friendly offering, so please feel free to invite grandma or that pretty girl you have your eye on at school.

2. Hoggy 2 will be coming out for Nintendo Switch and several other consoles.  I didn't port it (but unfortunately had to do a fair bit of work to get it ready for porting-- took more time than expected).  Hopefully I will be supporting most consoles with games from here on out!

3. Both Solomon's Keep and Hamsterball 2 are still in progress.  I am getting older and sadly slower these days (inhibited by back pain from sitting at a computer most of my life-- please share your natural cures and occult remedies for this, because allopathy has failed me). 

4. The next game I do will be completely dependent upon how well Chuzzle 2 does.  If things go well, it'll be Solomon's Keep and then Hamsterball 2.  If things don't go well, I will have to either write a couple smaller, shorter-term games or try Kickstarting Keep.  I will keep you posted.

Anyway... that's all for now.  I apologize again for my long stay in Monk Mode, but hopefully Dork Lord is keeping you entertained!

--John

Comments

• Its great to see you alive. I think it would be lovely for all of us if you and Dorklord give us a tiny sneak peak in news things or your current status in a monthly basis. Things like: “i am doing well almost done with this” or “here are some sneak peak of necromancer” should be fine.
    Sure, some of us will stay tuned and wait but aimlessly waiting is not what most people would do. Also, we need to keep a decent level of attention from people so that was there are decent amount of people interested jn this game when it comes out.
    I understand the progress is slow due to various reasons and you need to focus but patience is limited resource. So please, I don’t care what monthly update you guys bring as long you are not dead or looks like dead, we will be fine.

P.s.
    For your back pain, I recommend getting some acupuncture or physical therapy. They are all very effective way to deal with any pain related to muscle or joints. Moxibustion could also be useful but it has a chance to make your neighbors to call the police for mistaking that you are having weed party (it happened to me)
  • Sweet!

Gutted not to see Hap Hazard in there somewhere but there's still hope!

Don't do acupuncture, apart from "something" physical happening it's complete BS . Physical therapy like physiotherapy works wonders for my mother. (in addition to her normal haul of conventional drugs of course) Please, whatever you do, don't even give a second thought for chiropractic, that's even smellier BS than acupuncture.
  • edited November 2018
    Please..Acupuncture is not a complete bs. The effects of acupuncture is generally debatable but the pain relieving part is at least been proven to have some effects. As long as you are getting your acupuncture treatment from certified personal, you won’t have any health hazards related to bs treatment. Also, as long as you use sterile needle, there are very minimal risk or side effects so it is much safer than just having medication. If you feel unsure about the needles, you can alternatively massage the trigger points with your hands. It is not as effective as the needle but it has decent effects.

• edited November 2018
    It's so awesome to see you post here again! I missed that, anyway I really hope that Chuzzle 2 does well, and that your back gets better soon, I don't really have much to say, I'm just really hyped for the up coming games! :D, and if you were to make a kickstarter, I would support you 100% :D
  • Traditional Chinese Medicine is not just ineffective but can be very dangerous too. Acupuncture works yes, however, they unfortunately only work in the exact same way placebos do so it’s pointless and a complete waste of money, countless studies have proved this over and over again. So perhaps not complete BS but very close.
  • edited November 2018
    If you are talking about moxibustion or other stuff, it is possible to have some risk just like western medicine. However, Acupuncture is not dangerous at all as long as you get from a certified personal. This also the reason why insurance cost of acupuncture is low thanks to its low risk rate. The only real risky part is the one point at shoulder which has a chance to puncture lung if not careful. This however is a minor spot and will not be used for back pain so there is no problem actually. Also, studies actually shown that its effects are better than placebo. You can check countless evidence out in pubmed if you are interested. Sure, I may have some bias because i am studying on Chinese medicine(along with physical therapy) but i have decent amount of experience with these practices and its effects in general. Since this forum is about games, I will not continue this debate but i can guarantee that acupuncture is at least safe to try and lacks risks as other traditional Chinese medicine.
  • Thanks for the hard work, John! I’m very excited to be one of the Chuzzle 2 beta testers as soon as you send out the link. Shared the sign-up link with a friend who exclaimed that she remembered Chuzzle. She promptly signed up also.
  • Huh. Interesting... I don't usually TRY to break games (that's easier said than done), but if it's keeping an eye out for any bugs that could happen in casual play, I could potentially do that... Are there any requirements of any kind for beta testing?
  • Hi, John! Glad to see you're still well. I can't betatest chuzzle, but I'm glad you're still making stuff, and I hope it performs well when it releases! On the topic of Switch ports, any word on whether a port of the original Hamsterball would be possible? I know it was made in a really old engine in 2004, but I wonder if there's any possibility that that could be reworked to be compatible. If not, that's fine, I'm sure whatever HB 2 will be will more than make up for it. I'd love to betatest it once you get around to developing it, and I hope you have a great time with Solomon's Keep. Also, I hope that back pain goes away. stuff sucks.  :)>-
  • I guess this'll be my first time beta-testing something! This might be weird, heh.

Unfortunately I have a rather small phone, both in screen and storage, so I think I'm mostly going for Nox (emulator support for Chuzzle 2?)

I can't wait to see what Chuzzle 2 looks like! Add BeChuzzed.
  • Does your emulator support downloading apps straight from Google Play? If not, you'd have to download the APK through your phone and transfer it to your PC.

That said, I don't think it's a good idea to resort to emulation as a beta tester. It's possible you'll end up reporting bugs that turn out to be the emulator's fault.
  • ahhhh.... can you make apk?
  • What do you mean? If you're talking about transferring Android apps from your phone to your PC as APKs, then yes, you can do that. It does however require some technical knowledge. There should be plenty of tutorials online.
  • To SomeRandomHEFan (idk how to quote):

Yes, it does. I might try with my small phone as long as it has enough space though (and if it supports my Android version). If it doesn't... well rip.
  • I don't think this forum supports quotes. You can however notify specific users like this: @CrushyGreenRen
  • Ah, thanks. I also kinda forgot, I'll try downloading the app to my sister's phone if both don't work (she usually agrees and they aren't really malicious). I don't have a decent phone yet.
  • John,

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication!

Very excited to test the Chuzzle 2 Beta.

When the app is ready for beta testing will you or @TheDorkLord please also post a note in this forum? I don't want to miss out in case it finds its way into the spam folder.

Thank you,
    Stephanie
  • I am sure John will post this in the forum. Thank you for the interest!
  • edited November 2018
    @TheDorkLord
    That’s wonderful!

I installed Chuzzle 2 beta on my iPhone and planned on installing it on my second iPhone.

I was so excited that I installed it on the phone I don’t use much for playing games.

TestFlight displayed that I need to request a new code to install it.

May I please have a new code?
  • Is it OK to spread the word about the Chuzzle 2 beta on Twitter and Facebook as follows?

If you'd like to beta test Chuzzle 2, please visit here:

• John i am glad u are alive. Keep ur back 2gether mon u can do it. We all count on u
  • In a reply to Kudos: You all can spread the work however you like. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

I will inform John you need another code.

Darkest Wishes

The Dork Lord

• You already have the beta? I signed up but haven’t received anything other than a confirmation of me signing up.
  • Thanks, @TheDorkLord.
    Yes, @fnanfne I got the email yesterday from Apple to download the TestFlight app and redeem the code with it. When you get the email make sure to put the game on the device you want to use it on.
  • Tweeted and Posted:

‪#Gaming #News - #Chuzzle2 beta by @Raptisoft

For #Android & #iOS. Mobile device #match #puzzle #games #Chuzzle 2 by #Raptisoft #app #developers for #gamers

HTH to spread the word!
  • The new Chuzzle2 is phenomenal. The game has far surpassed the original. Thanks so much John!

Stephanie
  • Also Tweeted and Posted:

#Gamers #News! Info on #Chuzzle2 #game & more fun #games in @Raptisoft forums
    http://www.raptisoft-forums.com/discussion/966/requesting-beta-testers #Raptisoft #gaming apps for everyone
  • Cool thanks!!
  • edited November 2018
    You’re very welcome! John posted beautiful screenshots of the game on his Facebook. Check it out. Hope you get your invite soon!