Artifact idea

This post is dedicated for people to brainstorm new artifact idea and share with others. Artifact is an item type that has a build-defining quality that can shape your playstyle in a very unique way. Artifacts can be earned at the end of each difficulty. Artifact is not currently an official item type in any of Solomon game at this moment and it is possible that this idea maybe ignored by Mr Raptis entirely. Despite of it, I believe brainstorming artifact idea may help Mr. Raptis on designing some items and possibly implement the artifact system into SKUME. Feel free to show any interesting artifact idea but keep in mind that it must be build-defining, not generic.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Here are a few ideas I had.

The Windsaber's Robe: Sets the cool down of teleport to 10 seconds (reducible to a minimum of 7 seconds), and changes the effect to a short teleport in the direction you're facing, which makes you invisible for 2 seconds, and fully recharges all offensive secondary abilities. The downside to this incredible power would be that you can't use primary attacks at all while wearing that artifact.

Hide of the Dragonlord: Fireball receives the following effects: Damage/2, mana cost/3, fire rate*4, projectiles have a slight spread, move much slower, bounce off walls, and pierce through enemies. However, no secondary abilities may be used, and all shield is lost when equipped.
  • @coolbeans55555
    Well, the windsabers robe should change phasing, not teleport. Phasing is a short teleport that move to the direction that you are facing.

For the Hide of the dragonlord, no secondary seems way to harsh. Any kind of defensive ability is crucial for late game. All shields gone, on the other hand, is completely reasonable.
  • edited May 2018
    Here are my idea for artifacts

1. Stormbringer's Robe: Casting secondary will also also cast Magic Storm but you cannot have magic storm as secondary (you can still level it up to empower it) and mana cost on all secondary is 50% up. 

2. Doom Ring: Gain 100% increased damage and primary attack costs no mana. However, you cannot regen health but instead drain health based on your health regen. This drain cannot kill you.

3. Soulbinder's Ring: When you have a summon, your summon and you only receive 33% of incoming damage. However, you will receive the same damage that your summon receive and vice versa. 

4. Challenger's Robe: Your secondary cost no mana and your primary deals double damage. However, you cannot un-equip this artifact, have 0 max resource, receive double damage until you defeat 4 bosses while wearing it.

5. Ring of Vigor: You gain bonus attack speed and movement speed based on your maximum health if you do not have magic shield.

6. Runic Chestplate: Each 3 primary attack(3 sec of channeled primary) grant a stack of Rune Guard. When you reach 10 stack, you gain a temporary barrier with health equal to 100% of your missing mana for 10 seconds. 

7. Bandanna of Fervor: 20% lower movement speed in general.Hitting enemy increase movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds. 

8. Manastar Pendant: 10% cooldown reduction and 5% increased damage for each 100 max mana you gain.

9. High Elven Armor: You gain passive magic shield with health equal to 50% of max mana that recharges 1 min after breaking it. However, you cannot have magic shield as secondary. 

10. Voidcape: Casting phasing will make you invulnerable for 1 second but increase the cooldown from 1 sec to 3 seconds.

11. Procrastinator's Pajama: You cannot regen mana normally but will gain 400% of your original mana regen if your current mana reaches 0. You cannot attack or cast secondary while your mana is regenerating. 
  • I had completely forgotten phasing existed, since I have basically only played SK and SB, so that's a good point there, it definitely fits phasing better, both thematically and mechanically.
    As for the Hide of the Dragonlord, although no secondary may be too harsh, the point of these is to open up new play styles, right? My thought there was that maybe, if the primary attack was boosted enough (such as x2 dps, piercing, and bouncing off walls), then with the extra skill points which would otherwise be spent on secondaries, it may be possible to just kill everything before it gets a chance to kill you. After all, that was raptisoft's vision for the mage, was it not?

As for reviewing yours...
    1. Seems like maybe a bit too good when combined with phasing, since I'm assuming phasing has a relatively low cost and cool down, resulting in spammed magic storms.
    2. Seems really OP, mainly because of the existence of magic shield. Maybe if the drain also affected magic shield it would work, but even then, it seems too good.
    3. Seems pretty well balanced, though I can see it being obnoxious to try to use.
    4. I'm not sure what "resource" refers to, but other than that it seems like an interesting idea which would work pretty well.
    5. Seems interesting, though I would need some numbers to review it properly.
    6. Seems a bit underpowered compared to some of the others on this list, but seems interesting none the less.
    7. Honestly, I would prefer it if it was +20% passive and -50% when attacking, since in SK I've always hated spending a minute or two walking to a room I missed, then back to the exit. In combat, though, it seems decently good.
    8. Seems a bit underpowered, since increasing max mana doesn't do much usually, and the bonuses from it aren't huge.
    9. I feel like this is a direct downgrade from just taking magic shield, since magic shield has less cool down and more health. The only upside would be the extra skill points to spend on offensive abilities.
    10. Simple, but effective. Basically a lesser version of the Windsaber's Robe. I like it, other than that it seems to be stealing my idea :-P
    11. Doesn't seem that great to me, I'm having trouble thinking of a time when I would prefer wearing that over not. Yeah, it would result in more total dps, but having such a long time without attacking seems pretty terrible.
  • @coolbeans55555
    The voidcape he originally mentioned in another discussion before you mentioned your Windsapers Robe so actually he came up with it first but that doesn’t make you the copy cat since you didn’t know.
  • edited May 2018
    Looking back, I see that he did, although it changed a bit since last time I looked at it, which explains my lack of memory. Honestly, thinking about it more, Voidcape and the Windsaber's Robe, although very similar at first glance, would probably end up working very differently. Voidcape would probably be used more for escape and movement, whereas the Windsaber's Robe would be more for jumping in and dealing lots of damage, with several seconds of dodging after each attack.

Also, new idea:
    Ring of the Sudden Storm: Lightning does triple damage, and has double mana cost, but if you run out of mana, you cannot cast ANYTHING until your mana recharges fully.
  • How about this one not sure what to call it

It’s effects are to increase orb draw distance by 100% and to always pull all orbs even if health or mana is already full. And when you receive the excess it generates temporary mana or health depending on what orb you pull in, up to 10% over your max health and mana, to give orbs a little more purpose.

Also another variation or even another item would be when an orb is drawn in it creates a stack of amplify damage(for every 1 stack of amplify damage your damage is amplified by 1%) each stack lasts only 5 seconds. Not sure if it needs a cap for max but if I were to give it a cap it would be at 25 stacks not sure it would be able to get that high though.
  • @coolbeans55555
    1. Yeah i forgot that phasing had 1 second cooldown. It should have 30 sec cooldown on casting same secondary
    2. Maybe i should lower the dmg i guess
    4. Resource means mana, faith(paladin stuff), and other stuff. I forgot to change secondary cost no mana to secondary cost no resource cost.
    6. Its my attempt to promote wierd build of no battle mage, mana up focused. Having 2 or more mana up will allow player to easily surpass the shield health of magic shield.
    7. Yea exploring each floor takes too much time anyway. I should have removed movement penalty.
    8. The main purpose of this is to promote mana up. What concerns me most is that it has potential of grtting 100% cooldown reduction (if you combine with focus)
    9. You are right it is a downgrade shield that you can have without putting points on magic shield. It not only saves up extra slot of secondary but also has synergy with other artifact with mana scale and mana up.
    10. The reason why i choose only phasing is that phasing has 1 sec cooldown and it was not favored in Solomon dark for its mediocre performance. I first thought maybe to choose magic trap instead of phasing cuz it has decent cooldown of 8 sec. however, it logically didn’t make sense to me so i went for phasing only.
    11. The main purpose is to feel like reloading ammo. It exists mostly for entertainment purpose but it does have quite a synergy with runic chestplate and ring of sudden storm.

Ring of sudden storm: feels like it promotes you to fire lightning woth short burst. Reasonable i guess. Procrastinators pajama seems to work well with it like i just mentioned above

• edited May 2018
    @Leliathin

Does reminds me of the perk I made a week ago called Soul Siphon and Power Overwhelming. 

Soul Siphon: Hitting enemy has a small chance to drop orb and any dropped orb will instantly pulled towards player.
    Power Overwhelming:Gaining blue orb also grants 10% bonus damage while gaining red orb also grants 10% lifesteal. This can stack up to 5 times and last 10 sec.

Well stack limit is necessary or you might be able to instantly kill Bone Daddy cuz of maggots. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Idea
    Gaia Armor: Boulder now generates shield that gradually increase its health(boudler's damage per second) when you use primary attack loses 1% of its max health when primary attack is not used instead of creating a Boulder. While wearing this armor, Battle Mage is disabled and offensive secondaries get 20% cooldown reduction and 50% mana cost reduction.

• So worth mentioning again... I'm not replying on these threads, but I'm copying them into the Big Book of Solomon for contemplation.  I can say that some ideas will go in, others maybe in updates or add ons.
  • @Raptisoft
    As long as anything in these threads helps, I'm good. 
  • edited May 2018
    Another item I had thought of was something that makes it so you now have only 1 hp but in return when you deal damage you deal 1% of your Targets max health in addition to the damage that you deal with a cooldown of 1 second in between to make it fair so ultimately you can have a rush character who will die in one hit but has allot of potential to clear the game really fast for those who want a speed run challenge
  • @Leliathin
    1% of max health is not a lot of damage actually. It requires enemy with 1000 health or more to even get bonus damage of 10. It should be 5% or more to be decent.
  • I suppose the only worry is that every fight is over in less than 100 seconds at 1% of max health and if you make it 5% every fight is over in less that 20 seconds cause the percentage is in addition to the damage you deal not a replacement
  • @Leliathin

Well killing enemy less than 20 sec is fine if the enemy is not boss. Boss, on the other hand, should take slightly reduced rate or the bonus damage proc cooldown should increase to like 5 sec.
  • Just some more Idea

Phlogiston Gauntlet: + 3 Fireball; + 3 Burn; -3 Explode; - 3 Ember; Fireball does not explode or leave ember when it fails to hit enemy; Burn also damages nearby enemies

Frosthowl(mage-only sword): +1 Frost Jet; Frost Jet makes player to swing Frosthowl instead of shooting a jet of frost. Sword swing's arc is determined by cone of ice and it deals 500% of frost jet's damage. Sword Swing's default attack speed is equal to fireball and it has 20% lower reach.

Thunderstick: +1 Lightning; Lightning damage *3 ;Pressing attack will charge up a bolt of lightning and releasing attack will shoot a bolt of lightning for a short period of seconds. Attack speed can reduce the charge up time.

Armor of North: + 1 Frost Jet; gain 10% damage reduction per 3 level of Frost Jet; slows nearby enemies by 10%

Crown of the Agmar: + 1 Frost Jet; Slowing enemy with Frost Jet or cold aura heals player for 1 per each enemy per second.

Molten Armor: + 1 burn; Apply burn to nearby enemies

Salamander Helm: + 1 burn; Heal 1 health for each enemy with burn per second.

Thunderlord's Robe: + 1 Lightning: Holding attack key while having Lightning as primary spell will randomly shoot lightning to nearby enemies per two second.

Ragestorm Hood: + 1 Lightning: Releasing attack key while having Lightning as primary spell will release a shockwave which deals lightning damage per tick for 2 seconds and 

Truemana Rod: + 1 Magic Missile; Magic Missile is changed to Arcane Beam. Arcane beam empowers while not shooting in a similar manner of Ether Charge and shoots a thin, straight laser that penetrates enemies. More Missile increases maximum charge and Smart Missile speeds up the charge time. Piercing creates magic missile for each enemy hit.

Highlord's Crystal Armor: + 1 Magic Missile; Gain resistance up to 30% while not shooting. The resistance buff gets doubled and lasts 2 seconds after shooting.

Crystal Crown: +1 Channel Mana; Not attacking for 3 seconds creates a temporary barrier which block a single attack. The barrier has 5 second cooldown after being destroyed.